• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

[FS] 19" 1990 "Zig Zag" Wicked - One of a kind!

Doug Carter

Staff member
So yes, it's my favorite paint scheme ever on a Fat, but it's just a little to large for me (it's a 19" frame), unfortunately, and I am actively trying to buy that purple M/L Yo in the Classifieds here. The serial number is 02409W. The violet isn't pearl, and it does have Yo Eddy Team decals on it. Still looks super cool. Awesomely beautiful color and Fat style.

Paint is REALLY nice, though it has some gouging on the downtube from the previous owner's piss-poor shipping techniques—which will not be repeated by me.

Seat tube is immaculate, as is the BB and the chainstays. The shifters and cables have seen better days, and my guess is that they were on another bike at some point. The rear cog is a road cluster for some reason, so mated with the XT full size front drives, it's an odd gearset, for sure. It has top-mounted XT thumb-shifters, and pretty basic early XT 7-speed components overall. Simple, clean and elegant—with a touch of carnival side show thrown in for good measure.

It not include pedals, and has otherwise been returned to the status shown in the photos. Manitou fork is a little soft, but all original otherwise. Includes the Selle Italia Flite Ti saddle, too.
$575 plus shipping in the US, or best offer. PM here for fastest response. SOLD
wicked_014.jpg

wicked_002.jpg

wicked_003.jpg

wicked_006.jpg

wicked_007.jpg

wicked_008.jpg

wicked_009.jpg

wicked_010.jpg

wicked_011.jpg

wicked_012.jpg

wicked_017.jpg

wicked_006.jpg

yo' djblu

BAHHHHH! so sad. I LOVE THAT BIKE!!! money is killin me... 6 months with 2 mortgages and a new yoga studio.

Good luck! I would snap that up in a second..

ChiefBroom

What would you use for touch-up paint on the green? I'm going to check Beauty Brands for a closely matched fingernail polish, but would be happy to get a better suggestion.

Doug Carter

Staff member
You want a medium Yo..

I've been looking for a pre-94 M/L for ages. The original Yo that I had in '93 was a Team Violet M/L. This Wicked fits me a little bit too far on the L size of that range.

What would you use for touch-up paint on the green? I'm going to check Beauty Brands for a closely matched fingernail polish, but would be happy to get a better suggestion.

No idea, but it is fluorescent green. Fluorescents are almost candy clear paints that you paint over white basecoats to get them to POP.

ChiefBroom

Thanks for the reply. I was really bummed to find the scratch on mine when I took it out of the box last week. The bike was otherwise mint. I suspect it happened without being noticed during packaging for shipment. Oh well.

I passed along word about your Wicked to a brother-in-law, but I think it's probably a little too big for him.

colker

:D
I've been looking for a pre-94 M/L for ages. The original Yo that I had in '93 was a Team Violet M/L. This Wicked fits me a little bit too far on the L size of that range.

No idea, but it is fluorescent green. Fluorescents are almost candy clear paints that you paint over white basecoats to get them to POP.

when you bought it, i thought "that's large for him".. and then this is the coolest Fat paint scheme ever.:D

Doug Carter

Staff member
:D when you bought it, i thought "that's large for him".. and then this is the coolest Fat paint scheme ever.:D

I thought the same thing, too, then I bought it. :D

I broke my right knee in half on Easter and probably will not be on a mountain bike this summer. I'll be lucky if I can walk without pain in the next month or two. This bike would make a really nice ride for someone a touch larger than me. Outside of the downtube scratches, the frame is virtually new.

ChiefBroom

What's the difference between a '93 and a Somerville-made '94?

How tall are you and what's your inseam?

Doug Carter

Staff member
What's the difference between a '93 and a Somerville-made '94?

There isn't any difference—Mass bikes were made up to the move in '94. They both had suspension fork-corrected front ends, IIRC. Some late '94s were finished in Saratoga, IIRC, and may have had NY decals on them. Basically what I have been after since I began these forums is a '93/94 Medium Large Yo Eddy in Team Violet or purple. That's the bike frame I bought myself from Cycle Smithy in Chicago's Lincoln Park, and built part-by-part in 1993.

How tall are you and what's your inseam?
I'm 5' 11" and my inseam is approximately 33". Most of the size issue on this bike is in the top end, and it could probably be fixed with a different stem/bar combo, but I just feel like it's a tick bigger than my torso would like. The Yo M/L was an 18" frame, IIRC, and it fit me like a glove.

I guess I'm being picky, but I kinda just want it the way I want it. ;)

Doug Carter

Staff member
Honestly, if I had a '92 and before, I'd prefer a BOI rigid fork on a Yo. If and when I ever find a '93/94 for myself, I'll put the same fork I had on it back in the day

ChiefBroom

Kinda what I expected re the BOI preference (that's why I specified "suspension"). It's tempting though. I think I'm going to rig the '92 for urban assault, so that might be a good fit.

I don't expect I'd be luck enough to find an original BOI any time soon. What's the best substitute?

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
The easiest thing would be a Tange Mtn fork. Easy to get, cheap, ride fine. The rake is a little greater than on a Yo fork, but when I was riding my Yo as a slick tired commuter I had a Tange fork and it felt great.

Check with 45Ronin---when I sold him the yellow Yo he has up for sale I included some Tanges that would fit a '92 Yo perfectly. Maybe he still has them.

ChiefBroom

Thanks very much for the guidance!

The easiest thing would be a Tange Mtn fork. Easy to get, cheap, ride fine. The rake is a little greater than on a Yo fork, but when I was riding my Yo as a slick tired commuter I had a Tange fork and it felt great.

Check with 45Ronin---when I sold him the yellow Yo he has up for sale I included some Tanges that would fit a '92 Yo perfectly. Maybe he still has them.

Doug Carter

Staff member
You could also have Rody at Groovy make one to your exact specs, that would be brand new, the perfect dimensions and not nearly as painful as acquiring a vintage Fat fork. ;) If the Wicked doesn't find a new home this summer, I'll probably go that route.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
You could also have Rody at Groovy make one to your exact specs, that would be brand new, the perfect dimensions and not nearly as painful as acquiring a vintage Fat fork. ;) If the Wicked doesn't find a new home this summer, I'll probably go that route.

Painful in terms of price? Custom forks and original ones aren't that far off each other ;)

Doug Carter

Staff member
Finding one and paying for one. I'd rather get one of Rody's than pay some of the extortion prices some guys ask for BOI and Yo Eddy forks.