• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1987 Fat Chance Serial # 87254 For Sale

Bike Mike

I'm wanting to sell my Fat Chance and would rather it go to someone who will give it a good home than just put it on Ebay so I'm offering it for sale here first. It's a true survivor. I bought it 10+ years ago from the original owner and have ridden it ~1 mile since that time. Just short rides up the neighborhood street. I did that today. Otherwise it's been either inside or in the garage.

It's amazing how well it rides given the age and originality of the bike. I'm not an expert of original equipment, but everything looks very original and the condition is really good. Cosmetically it is 8.5 out of 10. Mechanically it is probably a 9.5 out of 10. It can't have many miles on it at all. I'll get pics up tomorrow. Let me know if you have interest and if you have any specific questions. $1500.00 is what I'm asking. I've shipped bikes before using a LBS so if you are not nearby, but want the bike I can help to get it shipped. I'm in Columbia, SC and the bike has spent it's whole life here.

• 1987 Fat Chance City Cycles
• Serial # - 87254
• Size - 19"
• Frame - Red, True Temper chromoly T1 AT
• Handlebars - Black, True Temper aluminum T2
• Pedals - Suntour XC 9/16
• Wheels - Specialized GX26 / 26x1.50 JAPAN
• Tires - Specialized Fat Boy 26x1.25
• Seat - Specialized
• Seat Post Bracket - Suntour
• Crank - Sugino LP
• Derailleurs - Shimano Deore
• Shifters - Shimano Deore Light Action SIS
• Brakes - Magura handles / Shimano calipers

Bike Mike

Here are some pictures. If you have interest in the bike, I will be glad to provide more.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9821.JPG
    IMG_9821.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_9824.JPG
    IMG_9824.JPG
    458.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_9825.JPG
    IMG_9825.JPG
    351.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_9826.JPG
    IMG_9826.JPG
    339.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9827.JPG
    IMG_9827.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 77

Bike Mike

Yep. You're right! For some reason I was thinking that one was 19". Just measured middle of crank to top of seat post and it's reading 22". Thanks for pointing that out.

mainlyfats

Yep. You're right! For some reason I was thinking that one was 19". Just measured middle of crank to top of seat post and it's reading 22". Thanks for pointing that out.

Rare in that size/condition. Still, I think you're about 50% too high price-wise for the year/model (Fats are weird for that, the 86-89 non-Team bikes command less than the very early and some later models), but that is one of the very few 22 inch bikes listed here in forever. At 6' 3", I pay attention...

Double edged for me: hold out for top dollar if you're feeling it/keep it if it fits and you rarely ride it, because you'll probably never find another. A bike as clean as that, that is well looked after, will only appreciate.

Bike Mike

Thanks for the comments and feedback. It's appreciated.

I'm looking to offer the bike a fair/market price. I listed based on what I felt it was worth given condition and uniqueness. I'll probably regret selling it years down the road, but for now I think it's time to let someone else enjoy it. If anyone would like to make an offer, PM me and I'll consider it.

Thanks.

I-ROBOT

Technically the bike is a 21" Fat. Absolutely beautiful condition! Wish it would fit me
Best of luck finding her a new home
Regards
Scott