• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Team Wicked Lite - ebay

colker

I sent him a note about it yesterday. I seem to remember the buzz about the paint job because it wasn't a Yo, but I can't recall exactly if it was a Wicked or something else. Either way, it was a repaint that wasn't originally a zig zag.

didn't it have a yo fork?

Doug Carter

Staff member
I contacted Sky about it, and he told me about the odd vertical painted Yo that he had, so I must have been remembering someone else who did a zig zag aftermarket paint job on something other than a Yo.

Anyway, I got my first REAL off road ride in this morning, and what amounted to the first time I have ridden on these trails in about 10 years. :redface: My body isn't the same that it was when I was 28. LOL. I'm quite rubber-legged and my lungs feel like I smoked a few packs this morning. :D It felt great, though.

The bike climbs as good or better than I remember my Yo Eddy to climb. Great in the singletrack, and I reaffirmed my dislike for the Manitou on the rocky stuff. The stem definitely needs to be shorter. I'm absolutely way too far forward on the bike. A few descents needed me diving way off the back of the saddle when the rear got lighter than I expected. The 120 I had purchased a couple of weeks ago was out of stock, and never got here. Gotta find a new one of those.

I had a good ride going when the climbs started to show me how out of shape I am. I went down to the granny ring which I was trying to avoid. With the road gear cluster on the rear, I didn't want to get into trouble with gearing. When I got too tired to push the middle ring anymore, I dropped to the small ring, and the chain started jumping all over. I realized in the middle of a big rocky climb that the chain was probably the length for a standard MTB cog, and the chain was probably WAY too long for that gearset out back. Before I could get to the top, it chainsucked off. I got it on after a walk to the crest, and rode for another few hundred feet before it did it again. I put it back into the middle ring for the ride back to the trailhead, and just as I did, the chain exploded. I have to find a 7-speed XT cogset tonight, 'cause I'm not going to deal with that again.

Fortunately, I was a short walk back to the trailhead and the parking lot, and it's a good thing, too, because I was just about wiped out. Old and slow, and really worn out now, but it felt awesome to get back on the trails. The handling is still sports car, I just have gerbils for an engine now. :D

Time to upgrade the rider. :D :D

Fun stuff.

colker

I contacted Sky about it, and he told me about the odd vertical painted Yo that he had, so I must have been remembering someone else who did a zig zag aftermarket paint job on something other than a Yo.

Anyway, I got my first REAL off road ride in this morning, and what amounted to the first time I have ridden on these trails in about 10 years. :redface: My body isn't the same that it was when I was 28. LOL. I'm quite rubber-legged and my lungs feel like I smoked a few packs this morning. :D It felt great, though.

The bike climbs as good or better than I remember my Yo Eddy to climb. Great in the singletrack, and I reaffirmed my dislike for the Manitou on the rocky stuff. The stem definitely needs to be shorter. I'm absolutely way too far forward on the bike. A few descents needed me diving way off the back of the saddle when the rear got lighter than I expected. The 120 I had purchased a couple of weeks ago was out of stock, and never got here. Gotta find a new one of those.

I had a good ride going when the climbs started to show me how out of shape I am. I went down to the granny ring which I was trying to avoid. With the road gear cluster on the rear, I didn't want to get into trouble with gearing. When I got too tired to push the middle ring anymore, I dropped to the small ring, and the chain started jumping all over. I realized in the middle of a big rocky climb that the chain was probably the length for a standard MTB cog, and the chain was probably WAY too long for that gearset out back. Before I could get to the top, it chainsucked off. I got it on after a walk to the crest, and rode for another few hundred feet before it did it again. I put it back into the middle ring for the ride back to the trailhead, and just as I did, the chain exploded. I have to find a 7-speed XT cogset tonight, 'cause I'm not going to deal with that again.

Fortunately, I was a short walk back to the trailhead and the parking lot, and it's a good thing, too, because I was just about wiped out. Old and slow, and really worn out now, but it felt awesome to get back on the trails. The handling is still sports car, I just have gerbils for an engine now. :D

Time to upgrade the rider. :D :D

Fun stuff.
naaaahh... out of shape is the way w/ vintage stuff. otherwise you will start dreaming of 29 FS etc..;)
man, you need that 120 asap. get rid of the manitou. grab a tange rigid for $45 so you don't pester Rody and let him work slow and steady on your fork.
there is a tange on ebay, threaded, black, 1in.