Bridgestone XO1/Ritchey crown

yorussell

I recently bought a Brigestone fork for my yo eddy and was wondering how it would pair up to it. I,m kind of destined to use it as it was the best I could find (inch steerer) and afford at the time. It has a 5.5 inch steerer tube and I hope to cut it and run it threadless, I believe I have enough, have to measure twice. Fork has a beautiful Ritchey crown. Looking for opinions on fork and how it would perform with a yo's geometry. Please reply, all opinions at FAT COGS are important to me, Thanks. "Nobody can eat fifty eggs":skull: The frame is a medium 93 team. Fork axel to crown is 14.5.

Last edited:

jh4rt

I don't think you will LOVE it.

The Yo or BOI forks are 15.75 A-to-C. I have a M Yo frame and love my BOI, but am having Rody build me a new fork because I'm running SS and want to get the bars higher with some spacers on top. The bike is almost telepathic with this fork. I can't imagine it being over an inch shorter. You would likely be really heavy on the front.

jmho.

BTW: If you are interested in buying my BOI, PM me.

-jim.

rody

Hello,

Your 93 Yo will have an intended axel to crown of either 15.75 or 15.875 depending on when in the year it was built (standard vs. suspension corrected to 63mm), either way you are looking at a significant difference in geometry by using the XO fork.

Given the Yo's numbers, you will likely steepen the head tube angle by about 3.5 degrees, putting in the realm of 74.5 degrees...do you like track bike steering on single track?

I think you will be dissatisfied with the handling, better to get an appropriate sized fork for your special Yo.

If interested, I believe Morgan (here on the board) is looking for a Bridgestone fork for a project...maybe you can turn this into a positive?

cheers,

rody

yorussell

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Jh4rt and Rody for the advice, I will change my plans on forks to use. I may keep the fork or just use it to offset the price for a new one . Morgan I heard you have a project your working on P.M. me if interested. Advice was very helpful in finding the correct fork size for me, I knew I came to the right place.:cool: