Yo Eddy! rigid fork for sale

montgomery

I have a Yo Eddy Fork for sale on eBay. I would love to see it go toward a nice restoration project as elephant recently posted. Great work by the way, elephant!

Anyway, here is the text of the eBay bid along with a link for anyone interested.

http://tinyurl.com/ysxheg

1991 Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance - rigid mountain bike fork - Big One Inch

This is the legendary handmade fork from the Yo Eddy Team Fat Chance flagship race bike.
I am the original owner and used this fork for only one season before swapping it
for a suspension fork.
(Ah well, that was THE thing to do back then huh?)

Color is grello, which was the team color. (does not have the blue fade though) Original paint and decals.
For 26 inch wheel.
1 inch threaded steerer, cut to 5 1/8" long (130mm)
1.5" rake (according to catalog)
Campagnolo drop-outs.
Beautiful teardrop gusset behind fork legs.
I believe this looks cleaner than the NOS fork that recently sold on eBay.
Paint is in very good condition.
Some small rock chips around the crown, no rust (see pics).
Paint under the crown is worn to a semi-gloss condition from use.
Paint is removed from drop outs from use but, clean, no rust.
Brake bosses are perfect, no rust. You may see the red loctite at the base of brake boss.
Yo Eddy decals on top of fork legs in good condition. Some light wear of decals but still show very nicely.

I have had the fork hanging in my home shop as art but, it's time to lighten my load. If you have a Yo Eddy
restoration project, this is the perfect fork for you. Great fork for any rigid mountain bike build up.
The ride quality of these Yo Eddy forks is arguably the best rigid ride there is.
The style? ....undeniable.
The build quality?.....impeccable.

Last edited: