Twisted Breezer

Jack Lantern

Here's a few pix of my kookie FS bike, a 1997 Breezer Twister. I have never owned or riden another FS bike so I have nothing to compare this to but it goes ka-boing so I guess that's all that matters. After I finished putting it together I took it to Moab last May for it's maiden voyage and I'd have to say it's definitely more comfortable on that terrain than my hardtails. I didn't have high expectations but I was pleasantly surprised. It turned alot of heads there as well for either being fairly rare or because everyone else knew what a POS it rode like. I've kinda been given the "retro-guy" title by my friends fo I figured if I was going to go FS it may as well be something different and I'm certain I got this frame cheaper than my first choice, a Shock-a-Billy. Again because I have nothing else to compare it to I thought it was pretty smooth but I think I'll stick to my hardtails & fully rigid bikes for NW riding.

Attachments

• Breezer-4.jpg
    Breezer-4.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Breezer-6.jpg
    Breezer-6.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5

Yo Eddy!

Hi Jack,

With the aluminium and suspension it not very well represents what Breezer once stood for, but it sure is a fun, quirky bike.

What you say on that the ride was actualy better than expected, was also what I recently experienced with my newly acquired Verlicchi DH/Iron Horse FS Works. With me it was that the suspension did absorb some energy, but after a while I understood how to ride it and adjusted my riding to it. I am now able to round my home XC track pretty fast ...and definately way faster than would be possible with nowadays DH rigs :D