One Fat Story

Gotlime?

Scott posted in another thread about the love people have for their fats. I justed wanted to share a little history about me and mine and why I can't help but love that bike.

I was really into mountain biking in the early 90's I started out using aMTB as a mode of transportation in college. Then I found some shortcuts offroad, then some trails, then made some friends on the trails, then convinced my friends to ride. I was the first with front suspension and the first with clipless pedals.

I had a buddy that worked in a shop that sold Fats. I fell in love. I had to have one. I started saving. By this time, I was approaching college graduation. My parents offered to give me the rtest of the money for my Fat. My dad, who rode with me from the beginning, got one at the same time.

I can still remember the day it arrived. My friends came over to see it. It was like a "Bikewarming Party".

That bike was part of so many fond memories, so many funny stories, so many important people in my life.

I fell in love on my Fat. I took my next door neighbor out riding and fell in love with her. We're no longer married, but we have 2 beautiful children together.

I spent so much great time with my Dad and my best friend. They both bought Fats and both still have them. We would ride 3 or 4 times a week and would plan our vacations around riding. Getting lost in the woods, being chased by dogs, practical jokes, running each other over, crazy ****. Guys trips..........

I met one of my best friends riding that Fat. He's been gone for several years now, but I still think of him often. He bought a Ti Fat after seeing our bikes. We'd cook out, drink beer, go to football games. Good times. I still miss you Steve.......

Introducing my current GF to mountain biking last year. It was funny, she had never been on a trail before and her first ride was on a Fat, She had no idea how lucky she was. :lol:

Anyway, I will NEVER part with my Yo Eddy!. If I'm homeless, I'll be riding it with a basket or a trailer.

I'm glad I found this place. Thanks guys!!

yo' djblu

Here u go - u asked.

A few dealers i knew in NYC delivered the "kind" on Yo Eddys - I loved the design and graphics on the bike Plus hand built - SO i had to get one and I did and then fell in love. All the guys in the shop i hung out at rode either Bontrager or Dean and would bust on me for having a Yo, I didn't care.

there u go.