New project - 056S22

northerndave

Here begins my 2014 Road Bike Project. Frame isn't actually with me but those in the know might be able to guess what it is: 056S22

Clue: it's 1992 and Columbus TSX...

northerndave

Here it is... Arrived this weekend... Scraped through customs without too much financial harm.

Condition is as you might expect for a 22 year old bike. Paint is great in places and in need of touch up in others. Seems to have had some replacement decals at some point over the top of scratched old ones which is the only real down side. Zero rust in the seat tube which is great.

DSC_3674.jpg

DSC_3675.jpg

DSC_3676.jpg

DSC_3677.jpg

DSC_3678.jpg

DSC_3679.jpg

Currently in the process of pulling together parts for it. Classic Campagnolo I think. Watch this space - I have my eye on a doner bike.

northerndave

It's a 52 judging by the serial. 54cm top tube.

Parts are beginning to come together now, the doner bike I bought is giving up some really nice components.

Campagnolo rear mech with lovely grey jockey wheels.
DSC_3666.jpg

Athena brakes and chainset.
DSC_3668.jpg

DSC_3669.jpg

And the icing on the cake - some record hubs on Open Pros...
DSC_3681.jpg

DSC_3682.jpg

DSC_3684.jpg

It's a 52 judging by the serial. 54cm top tube.

This is only generally true. Since FCC stamped out the serial #'s on the BB's before building the bikes there are many cases where they changed the size from the original intended size. I had serial # 050S24 which would have made it a 54cm but there was a note in the serial number book stating that this was actually built as a 56cm :).

Very nice color & beatiful build for it!

Jon