Fat Chance Titanium, No. #099T3M

I-ROBOT

I do appreciate the kind words. It still means a lot that you all think so much of what a bunch of passionate college kids and bike nuts could turn out under the crappiest of conditions. And if I can make you all giggle a little about went on, then all the better!!
Warmest wishes
Scott

DocChill

I do appreciate the kind words. It still means a lot that you all think so much of what a bunch of passionate college kids and bike nuts could turn out under the crappiest of conditions. And if I can make you all giggle a little about went on, then all the better!!!
Howdy Fatfans,

I recently identified, that the Fat-Chance-Team posted my classic "Baby" on Facebook + Instagram... thanks a lot for that ;). Unfortunately I have no social-media-account to say "Thank You".

Cheers :beer:,
Daniel

@Scott - ...it's great to have you and your FAT-stories here!

DocChill

News from Fat Chance Bicycles...

...last week I got the new Blah blah blah shirt from Fat Chance Bicycles:

1852754-1iafhvelr4jv-fatchancetitaniumno_099t3m42-large.jpg

It feels like to be back in the past... I got a smile on my face ;)!!!

Cheers,
Daniel

Last edited:

DocChill

Hi FATfans,

some more news about my 1993 Fat Chance Titanium -
recently I replaced the cockpit and some other details... maybe you like it 👋:

2584000-xvh5v7z55hlf-fatchancetitaniumno_099t3m42-large.jpg

2584006-kx42s8z1gx7g-fatchancetitaniumno_099t3m48-large.jpg

2584008-j7qm826i7opa-fatchancetitaniumno_099t3m50-large.jpg

The custom cable-routing has been added to the Salsa Moto ahead stem by Rudolf Pallesen, Norwid Cycles, Neuendorf b.E. in Germany.

2584009-r2o35s47apm4-fatchancetitaniumno_099t3m51-large.jpg

My dream came true... I really, really love the bike 🥰!

Cheers & best regards,
Daniel

Last edited:

Stingercut

There were a lot of titanium retro mountainbikes made from various manufacturers but these Somerville made ones are by far the prettiest and of course they are amazing to ride. There are so many details on them like the finest works of art. It reminds me of looking at a classic Formula 1 car up close in a paddock at Goodwood, they just always make your heart skip a beat.

DocChill

There were a lot of titanium retro mountainbikes made from various manufacturers but these Somerville made ones are by far the prettiest and of course they are amazing to ride. There are so many details on them like the finest works of art. It reminds me of looking at a classic Formula 1 car up close in a paddock at Goodwood, they just always make your heart skip a beat.
...I see, that we've similar passions! Unique I love your comparison to a classic Formula 1 car... ;)(y)! I can really, really follow the "beat" you've specified:

2w3a6326.jpg

(Sorry for OT - but I have to do that!)

Nothing to explain, or?

Cheers & best regards,
Daniel

Stingercut

100%…. Master welded Maserati Birdcage, Porsche 917. The days before everything was made of CF. My late father built and raced cars in the early 60s. We had March race cars in the garage in the 70s at home. When he fired the engine up in 5 mins there would be 500 people, kids and dogs all trying to force their way into the garage to look 😂 Crazy fun times. I used to love watching him weld tubing and fix things. I guess I never grew up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• BCB56959-0F24-41C5-8AC9-EBEC05DC5F14.jpeg
    BCB56959-0F24-41C5-8AC9-EBEC05DC5F14.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 393A6383-F25E-43D4-BD85-D8F7C3901F44.jpeg
    393A6383-F25E-43D4-BD85-D8F7C3901F44.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 3
  • CDF32E56-D4E5-4460-9C82-E256FCCCF14F.jpeg
    CDF32E56-D4E5-4460-9C82-E256FCCCF14F.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

DocChill

100%…. Master welded Maserati Birdcage, Porsche 917. The days before everything was made of CF. My late father built and raced cars in the early 60s. We had March race cars in the garage in the 70s at home. When he fired the engine up in 5 mins there would be 500 people, kids and dogs all trying to force their way into the garage to look 😂 Crazy fun times. I used to love watching him weld tubing and fix things. I guess I never grew up 🤷🏻‍♂️
Fantastic :love:(y)!!! No wonder, that you've got gas in your blood!!! By the way... only eggcups can be made of carbonfiber - no doubt, mechanical art has to be made of steal, titanium, aluminium and soul... like bikes made by Chris Chance ;)(y)!

I grow up in a craftsman-family... cars (now old cars) were always a passion of my parents (they owned one of the first Audi Quattro, my mother still has got her 30 year old Porsche convertible). In the middle of the 90s my first car was a classic Mini Cooper, coloured in british racing green - I loved it and I'm a bit sad, that I sold it later. Today my fun car is again... a MINI ;)(y)! It's a second generation R56 Cooper S with very low mileage... small, deep, loud and fast... it's not a classic car, but makes fun to drive. If you go to a club or to the opera... you are always well dressed :cool:(y)! Every year I trie to go to AvD Oldtimer-Grand-Prix at Nürburgring (similar to the famous Goodwood Festival)...,

...always a great experience to relive classic race cars in action!

A great weekend to you -
cheers, Daniel

Stingercut

I totally get it 😁 Its still surprises me that i feel the same enthusiasm for FAT CHANCE bicycles after so many years. They just feel like they are ALIVE.

I-ROBOT

I hope this damned pandemic ends soon and that I win the lottery so I can come to Europe again and meet up. That would be so much fun
Regards as always
Scott

DocChill

I totally get it 😁 Its still surprises me that i feel the same enthusiasm for FAT CHANCE bicycles after so many years. They just feel like they are ALIVE.
...exactly what I think - FAT CHANCE bicycles forever ;)(y)!!!
I hope this damned pandemic ends soon and that I win the lottery so I can come to Europe again and meet up. That would be so much fun
Regards as always
Scott
...that would be absolutely fantastic - I'll keep my fingers crossed :giggle:(y)!!!

Stingercut

...exactly what I think - FAT CHANCE bicycles forever ;)(y)!!!

...that would be absolutely fantastic - I'll keep my fingers crossed :giggle:(y)!!!

The whiskies are on me 🥃🥃 🙋🏻‍♂️ It would be great to finally meet a FCC legend in the flesh. The stories would be epic…..CC promised to skip the pond a few years ago but alas it never happened. Wonderful to see his new creations. It will make a change from looking at your pics on my 89 FAT poster.

DocChill

The whiskies are on me 🥃🥃 🙋🏻‍♂️ It would be great to finally meet a FCC legend in the flesh. The stories would be epic…..CC promised to skip the pond a few years ago but alas it never happened. Wonderful to see his new creations. It will make a change from looking at your pics on my 89 FAT poster.
...that sounds great! You can be sure that I'll be there too ;)(y)!!! I like Chris' new creations too... suitable to this thread please consider the following picture of the first Ti Yo Eddy from Chris' new shop:

A-Hardtail-Gallery-from-the-2019-Downieville-Classic-55.jpg

It has been taken at 2019 Downieville Classic before "this damned pandemic" :cool:(y)!

Cheers & best regards,
Daniel

Stingercut

...that sounds great! You can be sure that I'll be there too ;)(y)!!! I like Chris' new creations too... suitable to this thread please consider the following picture of the first Ti Yo Eddy from Chris' new shop:

A-Hardtail-Gallery-from-the-2019-Downieville-Classic-55.jpg

It has been taken at 2019 Downieville Classic before "this damned pandemic" :cool:(y)!

Cheers & best regards,
Daniel

Waaaaaaant 🥰😍 Its looks even better dirty 😋