1993 Yo Eddy Team M/L

Slice

So some consider flagging an ad to be an appropriate response to overpricing?

I was basing my asking price on a couple factors:
1. had recently seen one listed in Seattle CL for $2500 that was a lower spec than mine.
2. sold ads here on Fat Cogs mostly have the prices removed, so no point of reference.
3. I don't facebook

I do want to sell it, and I do want to ask a fair price, but I don't have a lot of free time to search.

What are some pricing guidelines you all can recommend?

Thanks!

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I agree that half of what you are asking is well on the high side of market. The extras are nice and it looks really clean. If you had the rigid fork instead of the Manitou it would be a plus, and the 737-series XT isn't sought after, though it works fine. You'd probably have an easier time selling it if you swapped back the Manitou and Syncros stem to de-dorkify the Yo.

Zamfir

Yo's are certainly desirable bikes, but the ones that fetch the most $ will always have the color matched original fork, preferably the segmented FC that we all know and love. In many cases the fork will sell for almost as much as the frame, sometimes more.

So yes your asking price is up there, but you can certainly try and sell it for whatever you like.

I would suggest (as others have) putting the Syncros stem back on and maybe leave the chrome fork on just to avoid the hassle.

I think the color, condition, and extra bits are all fantastic, but at this time and place the asking price is just too high for the current market.

RobTu

Might have some fun if you put the T-Shirt on ebay starting at $50. I'll start your bidding for you, and you might be surprised how much you will get for your T-Shirt. Do the same with the water bottle.
Then, as stated, re-install the Manitou and Syncros stem; start it at $750 on ebay, and see where it goes. If you're lucky you'll get a grand, though it's unlikely. Without the Yo Eddy fork you will be hard pressed to get the starting $750 bid, though your frame looks minty from what I can tell on my phone.

Good luck with the sale.

Personally, I would forgo ebay for the bike, and go with $1000 negotiable. At least this way you save on ebay fees.

Slice

Thanks for all the input, guys. I just reduced the price to $1,295.

I might part out the package as suggested, but am pressed for time so don't know if that'll happen.

Slice

Thanks for the responses. I'm not ready to part anything out yet; I'd rather not diminish the 'collector factor'.

However, if you'd like the water bottle or shirt, all you have to do is buy the package from me and part the rest out yourself.

Just sayin'