NOS Wicked...fresh from storage

rody

Hey guys,

The rainy day and waiting for frames to come out of the bake box led me to digging out the storage area.

I've had this NOS Wicked hidden away for at least a decade when I first purchased it from a shop where it had been stacked on a shelf in the back room.

It has survived fairly well, looking shiny and new still. It suffered a loss of some of the letters off the flag from something rubbing on it and a bit of the bearing lip was broken off; perhaps from the same event?

I've not looked up the serial number yet, but I "think" it's around an 87/88 based on what I remember.

Anyhoo, here's some pics...

rody

Attachments

• Wicked small.jpg
    Wicked small.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 35
  • wicked small 2.jpg
    wicked small 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 40
  • wicked small 3.jpg
    wicked small 3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 31
  • wicked small 4.jpg
    wicked small 4.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 64

misterdangerpants

Homer%2520drooling.jpg

Butcher

Cool! I love that color. I'd have to have about 20+ hand builts bikes before I could let a frame like that sit for over 20 years.

Thanks for sharing.

rody

I've not had 20 handbuilt bikes of my own (only 2), but that's been enough to keep this in a box all these years.

I actually pulled this out for a customer who was interested in it, we'll see if he still wants it after the pics.

If he bails, I was thinking of building it up for my new daily commuter in kinda a west meets east fashion; LD stem, WTB bars, box crown fork, Cooks crank, Phil hubs with a 5 speed freewheel, Xt deerhead derailleur, rollercams, wooden fenders.

The color might be tough to match for the fork.

What do ya think?

rody

Butcher

I've not had 20 handbuilt bikes of my own (only 2), but that's been enough to keep this in a box all these years.

I actually pulled this out for a customer who was interested in it, we'll see if he still wants it after the pics.

If he bails, I was thinking of building it up for my new daily commuter in kinda a west meets east fashion; LD stem, WTB bars, box crown fork, Cooks crank, Phil hubs with a 5 speed freewheel, Xt deerhead derailleur, rollercams, wooden fenders.

What do ya think?

rody

I like your idea of using the high end west coast parts. I'm partial to those machine shop goodies myself. Some Pauls brakes would be tasty too. As for a fork, it would be worth a try to color match the fork - it would be so sweet. If it's just to far off in match a black fork would look good.

colker

why not a yellow fork? orange? red? black? this acid green leds to pretty lego like color matches.... red fork, blue stem. yellow tape on drop bar. then you build it w/ black cook cranks,. make ti all black components.

RobTu

What do ya think?

rody

love the wooden fenders idea, and I agree, that's a tough color to work with.

MikeyNYC

What do ya think?

rody

The Box Crown Fork should be black! ;)

rody

Well the Wicked is off to AZ...congrats Ben!

The good news is that it is getting a NOS box crown fork, in a funky splatter paint job! Should be quite the looker once it is built up ;)

cheers,

rody

sidster

wooden fenders..

Any chance you could highlight what wooden fenders will look like for this model (i'm presuming you've installed them before).

Thank you.