Wicked serial number info

Drifter26

I have a fully rigid Wicked Fat Chance that I bought used in 1994. I never thought too much about what the serial number meant. Now, after a 15 year hiatus, I'm riding it again and would like to know the age of the bike. The serial number is 652W18. I'm assuming the "W" stands for Wicked and the "18" stands for 18 inches. Does this sound correct? Can I determine when the build date was from the number? I believe it is from an early production run because it has simple decals over its "Wicked Yellow" paint job. Any info would be appreciated.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Best I can say is it's a 1991 18" Wicked (of course).

Bingo.

Bike #652 of that year, too. Wickeds started in 1987, so by '91, it only had a year left in production before it became the Wicked Lite. Wicked decals were pretty simple right from the beginning.

Welcome to the forums.

doug

scooderdude

Bingo.

Bike #652 of that year, too. Wickeds started in 1987, so by '91, it only had a year left in production before it became the Wicked Lite. Wicked decals were pretty simple right from the beginning.

Welcome to the forums.

doug

Maybe this has been covered, but where can one find the specs to the various Fat models, including how to determine year of manufacture and changes in geometry and dimensions over the years?

bonsaii

I always wondered about the serial numbering on the Wickeds. I have one with s/n 00149W. In the original sales card it is specked 00149 as s/n and size 18". On the frame it's 00149W. Comaring to other FATs there's no logic behind this s/n...? Or is it?

How can you see that the Wicked in this thread is a 1991? Is it the W18, W=Wicked, 1=1991, 8=18"??