• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Slim Chance - Cosmic Fade

Jeeves

SOLD!!!

OK, this has been up for a while - and I really would rather not have to sell this bike on Ebay. Offering it up at $1200 plus shipping. International OK, but risk sits with you once I've shipped (glad to help if there's an issue, of course, but with customs and all, it eventually gets out of my control).

Hi all,

It's time to get rid of my Slim Chance.

The Slim is the only one of my three Fats that I didn't buy new, so I don't know much about its history. I can say that it's in GREAT indoor-kept, well-maintained, low miles condition. A scratch here or there, but nowhere near what one would expect for a vintage bike. Graphics and paint are spectacular - I tried to capture in the pics. No rust or dings. Nice vintage components with a few mysterious add-ons.

Here's what I have:

Serial# - 092S26
Size - (Center to Center) it's either a 56 or a 57 by my ham fisted measurements. LMK if you need another measurement.
Brakes / Calipers - Dura Ace
Crank - Dura Ace
Cassette - 8-speed Shimano HG Hyperglide 12-21
Derailleurs - Dura Ace (Front and Rear. Rear reads RD7402)
Downtube Shifters - Dura Ace - grey
Bars - Beautifully shaped Cinelli Criterim bars (although a little scratched at the clamp)
Stem - Zoom. (hmm?)
Headset - Mavic
Hubs - Shimano 600
Rims - Mavic Open 4 CD
Saddle - Selle Italia Turbo Special
Seatpost - Syncros
Pedals - Ritchey road - if you want 'em.
Tires - Stanky old Vredestien Fortezza Tri-Comps (look great on the bike, but need to be replaced)

9658845424_115ee2aea4.jpg

Here's a link to the Flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/101261015@N08/sets/72157635347437051/
Hit the slideshow button and look at them full screen. You will be sold! :)

Any questions, or pic requests, please PM or email me!

Thanks,
-Raj

Last edited:

Jeeves

A bump from last September... this bike remains in my warm basement, loved, but unridden. Thought I'd bump it for the warm months and the new members.

This'll probably go to ebay later next month when I get a sec, but I'd much prefer to keep it to the Fat Cogs / Fat Chance Facebook crowd.

Also, feel free to bend the rules and crack on me on the pricing. All the feedback I've heard is that this is a fair price for the bike in the condition it's in, especially considering the pro packing, shipping, insurance, fees, etc are included. I'd be interested in hearing if others think I'm way off. . .

Thanks!
-Raj

zonq

What-O Jeeves.

It is quite a beauty. And it is within my size range. And I happen to have been looking for one for some time, albeit in a different schema.

However, I've paid between $1000 and $1200 for similarly built Slims in the past (3, getting progressively closer to my size) and just days ago I purchased a blue De Rosa with full C Record in Mint condition for $1600 shipped. Though I can definitely relate to your valuation of it, it could take some time to find a buyer if you're firm at $1800.

Superbe bike, and you couldn't ask for one in better condition.

Gussy Fink Nottle (Spink Bottle)

Jeeves

OK, a quick bump for pricing adjustment since this isn't moving: $1500 - and we split fees and shipping costs down the middle. Thanks for your input, Zonq!

Jeeves

Hi there - based on the Serial # and some of my own measurements, I think that this isa 56cm frame. That puts the top tube 57.2cm. Seat tube C to C is 22". Standover is 32.1" These figures are from the 1994 catalogue, and match up with my rough measurements (measuring tape, converting to CMs, etc).

Any further questions, please ask!

-Raj

Last edited:

thrashin

I really wish this was one size smaller. Beautiful bike, and you're only 45 minutes from me! Good luck with the sale

Jeeves

It's worth a ride, Thrashin!
I'll bring it up to RVA the next time I come up, if you're interested. :)

NICE to see a Fat fan in the area. I want to come up and ride the river trails sometime in the spring....

daisydog

very interested

will try to figure out how to convert the measurements for my current sloping top tube carbon road bikes to the old-school fat geometry, but it sounds like it might be a fit. i'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam... does 56cm sound in the ballpark? my 1989 wicked is an "M" so 19" I think? thanks for any feedback on sizing. i do really want a fat road bike...

Jeeves

FWIW, I'm 5'11, but oddly proportioned with a short torso and long legs (34" inseam) and I always felt as if the Slim was a little small in standover height, and a little long in the top tube. I have ample room between the bar and the family jewels. :)

I think my Wicked is a ML (21"). Both have an approx. 32" stand over height - so the 21" Wicked fits me as a MTB should, but the road bike is a little small - assuming less clearance needed on a road bike.

Your Wicked 19" should have an approx 31" stand over.

Based on that, it sounds like it might work for you, at least RE standover height.

Last edited:

Jeeves

Bump to the top for spring/summer sale! This hasn't been ridden since the ad has been posted...please take it! :)

thrashin

WOW, you still have it?? Ever get a chance to come down and ride the trails? id love to see this thing if you do come down to richmond.

-Jesse

Jeeves

Yeah Jesse - still sitting right here on my rack! Haven't been trying TOO hard to sell it. Not gonna eBay it, unless I get really motivated. :) Holler if you come to C'ville, and you can see it, and my 3 OTHER fat chances... ha. I may come down to Richmond with a buddy of mine one weekend this summer to ride some of the downtown river trails. Also I need to go up to Scoot Richmond and test drive a ZERO FX. :skull::skull::skull:

-Raj