• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Team Chance and Wicked For Sale

Doug Carter

Staff member
I really hope you guys did NOT send any PayPal payments as his requested "GIFT" because that's pretty much like sending cash in an envelope through the mail. There is no buyer protection at all from PayPal and you will be out the cash if the seller does not come through.

In my other forums, we do not allow sellers to force buyers to send GIFT payments, and we don't allow them to force the buyer to pick up the PayPal fees—both are against the PayPal T&Cs, and can get your account locked up if they find out.

NEVER send cash to a seller, NEVER send them GIFT payments, and always get the buyer's contact information up front before the transaction takes place. Do your sue diligence as a buyer, too, and protect yourself by doing as much background check as you can using Google searches. Ebay history, other forum feedback, any type of past sales success will always add to the reputation.

I'm hoping the seller comes through and makes good on these deals. We don't need deadbeats like that in our community.

Doug Carter

Staff member
FWIW, his registered account info here is:

Name: N. Sanderson
e-mail: satchel_charge@hushmail.com
IP points to Los Angeles, California

His only posts here unfortunately, are in this thread. Google searches on both e-mail addresses turned up nothing.

Doug Carter

Staff member
My guess is not the same guy, but that's a hunch. I think that guy's location is East Coast. Plus, I don't trust anything from those vulture identity tracking websites at all.

Dustin77

I also lost money to this kid on another forum...I do have a copy of his license and concealed carry permit...

EDITED TO REMOVE PERSONAL INFORMATION

Last edited by a moderator:

Zooka

Dustin 777 , how did you happen to hear about us being ripped off by him , how did you happen to find Fat Cogs ? very interested to know ? very sorry to hear about your loss also

Doug Carter

Staff member
Ok, so posting a DL and other personal information on the wild wild web, no matter how despicable you believe the individual to be, is not cool. Please don't do that.

Honestly, we don't know the full story yet, and there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation for a lack of communication. I smashed a cell phone a few weeks ago and was without any way to be contacted by phone or text for over a week, so things do happen.

Has anyone actually tried calling him instead of sending e-mails or PMs?

And Dustin, how exactly did you get a copy of his Driver's License and Firearms Permit? If he gave those to you freely, I can't imagine any situation where he is intentionally trying to rip anyone off.

I'm just saying, there are plenty of reasons for communication to go awry. Let's not assume the worst until there is more information, at least.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Dustin, I'm assuming that by the inclusion of a CCL, that you are coming here from a firearms forum—most likely the Northwest Firearms forum where he had a few different items for sale.

The whole thing is bugging me. One, none of the ads that he has posted for sale fit the pattern of a common scammer. There are no red flag warnings in any of it, and outside of the two individuals here who said they both paid for the same item, there isn't anything wonky other than his lack of returning forum PMs, which he may have never seen.

He gave you a DL and a CCL with VERY personal information on it. He posted guns and bikes which both have serial numbers, none of which I could find anywhere else on the web. He even registered in the NWFF under his real name—which scammers are not likely to do. There were some other people on the firearm board jumping to quick conclusions because he preferred shipping to a FFL over FTF purchases, but with guns, I can certainly understand a want to do that.

I guess I'm holding out hope that something simple happened and that he has a good reason for not communicating over the last week or two.

Dustin77

This is where I first had communication with him.
http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/glock-19-gen-3-4-mags.1601359/

I was communicating with him via messages on glocktalk, which then turned into emails, and finally text messages.... As doing my part as much as I can I had asked for a copy of his license and CHL to make sure everything was safe which he provided with no questions asked. Once he received payment from me yesterday I had 1 or 2 more texts from him and then went dark... I was trying to get in touch with him via all methods Ive previously mentioned with no response... He was supposed to provide me with tracking and bill of sale last night... if I can help in anyway just let me know

Before I sent any money to him I had searched everything I could regarding him making sure there was no ongoing scams elsewhere which I could not find. I then began to search again this morning and found this site... which is what started setting off red flags for me

Doug Carter

Staff member
Honestly, communication with him 24 hours ago gives me some hope for the situation(s) to get solved and settled. Most of these forums he is selling on, he just recently joined and has no history on any of them.

Plenty of red flags so far, for sure, but there are also quite a few things in these situations that give me plenty of hope that this isn't motivated by bad intentions.