'93 YO Eddy Aqua Fade Restoration

nader

I thought XT 741 was always silver.
A general question would be, what color fits better black or silver headset?

Syborg

very nice fading of the blue and green colors. Artistic work from Gerrit. Such a successful repaint Aqua Fade color I've never seen. The decals come under a clear coat or? I look forward to see the rest of the bike. I prefer a Shimano XT HP-M735 headset! Black for sure

Nader, wher can i find these little stickers for the fork??

nader

v...
Nader, wher can i find these little stickers for the fork??
sorry Helmut, I had overlooked your question :mad: all decals are from Gil.

Two new parts and the frame are now arrived

The king :)

yoaqfa09.jpg

and the syncros hardcore bar :)

yoaqfa10.jpg

And the YO :kissyface:p:kissyface:p:kissyface

My first impression was, WOW! ...Gerrit has done a very great job. Thanks mate ;)

yoaqfa11.jpg

more pics soon with decals.

Last edited:

nader

Nadar,

Super nice, you are rapidly becoming my favorite restoration super hero

some pics in outside (unfortunately light was not optimal)

yoaqfa20.jpg

yoaqfa21.jpg

yoaqfa22.jpg

yoaqfa23.jpg

and todays work

yoaqfa24.jpg

I've simply screwed the syncros revo but have no idea of crank-o-matic! how can I pull it out again?:confused: (want to try black rings)

Last edited:

nader

Stunning. That is exactly how i'd build the bike.
thanks ;)

Mr. Chance can be proud of his product.
I'm definitely very happy to be in the possession of such a Yo Eddy ..for me the best mountain bike ever built.

An aquafade like this

yoaqfa25.jpg

doesn't need anodised blue/green parts, on this bike I will use only black and silver.

yoaqfa26.jpg

yoaqfa27.jpg

and two little progress :)

yoaqfa28.jpg

yoaqfa29.jpg

Last edited:

afterbang

Well done, sir. I hope one day I will own a Yo that beautiful. Tomorrow I pick up my Wicked from the powdercoater. It's very, very light seafoam and I have Celeste colored Wicked decals for it. All parts will be factory spec'd and I can't wait to share it with you all.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I really like the way this is coming together---the paint is great.

One question would be the age of the bar. It is Syncros, but isn't it a bit newer than your stem/post/cranks? The 'Hardcore' graphics don't really fit. /nit pick off

nader

Well done, sir. I hope one day I will own a Yo that beautiful. Tomorrow I pick up my Wicked from the powdercoater. It's very, very light seafoam and I have Celeste colored Wicked decals for it. All parts will be factory spec'd and I can't wait to share it with you all.
Thanks sir :) and I am very excited about your Wicked.

nader

.. It is Syncros, but isn't it a bit newer than your stem/post/cranks? ..
yes it is. :( But to find a bar from the same year as stem is almost impossible, so I had no alternative.

Now I'm looking for Michelin Wildgripper 2.1 and Suntour XC Pro parts.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
I'd almost rather see a Hyperlite or Bontrager/Titec 118 than the wrong year Syncros. Both are easier to find too....

The Bony/Titec 118 would be nice because the shim is wide like the Syncros stem clamp.

nader

unfortunately I have not gotten much further ..

yoaqfa31.jpg

yoaqfa32.jpg

yoaqfa33.jpg

Now it lacks only the blue ODI Attack grips ;)

Last edited:
On Bikes it works the opposite as woman & there clothing! I love this build! Thinking of doing a '94 Yo (which Chris Inglehart big one inch replica) in same Aqua Fade.

afterbang

If you wanted to remove the Syncros "hardcore" logo off your handlebar, I bet it would come off with bike degreaser or paint thinner. I've taken screen printing off of parts easily with Finish Line Professional degreaser and it never has affected the paint or anodizing.

Just a thought.

The bike looks great and I'm excited for you to get it finished!