Fat Chance Mixte

stan lee

So I just purchased this off eBay, anyone know how many were made? Anyone know any history on them?

Thanks!

s-l1600_zpscghfkmbf.jpg

Stingercut

Saw this one on the bay. Lovely looking bike. Think I read the same as Mainly. If it was a planned rider, id strip the parts off to preserve them and replace with 89/90 parts.

stan lee

Thanks guys, I figured that may be the case. I think it will get put to use as a daily commuter in a gentle sort of way.

mainlyfats

Can you take a close up of the rear drop out area? I really want to see how/if they bullet-pointed the three intersecting tubes.

I-ROBOT

That was made before my time! Probably an '85 since it looks like it was welded. Wonder if Gary made that for his girlfriend? I never welded anything like that during my tenure. I did weld a handful of trials frames with the 26x24 wheel combination that had the track dropouts but never saw a mixte.

Cool looking bike though, good luck

Happy Thanksgiving All
Scott

stan lee

Thanks again guys. Great info Scott, it's nice to get a rough date on it. The bike is being shipped and I will be out of town when it arrives but I will post some better pictures ASAP. I don't think there is a # on it.