Monster Fat Chance Wanted

Yo Eddy!

Hi Steve,

This one would have been nice maybe, but it is already doing $500: M Yo frame

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

stevek

Thanks Melvin, I'll keep my eye on it but $500 already! :(

Strange how the prices fluctuate.... I guess you just need a couple of people who really want it and the price escalates.

Were you involved in a bidding war when you purchased your Yo Melvin?

Ta
Steve

Yo Eddy!

Think it also has a lot to do with the condition of the frame. If I remember correctly 2 nice Chameleons were sold somewhere in the 800-1000 range a few months ago.

Don't think I was in a war, though the seller did receive mails of people offering more afterwards. Seller was a honest guy :cool:

stevek

That's a fair point Melvin. I guess it's getting harder to find a "minter" out there due to the age of the bikes. Dare say something will crop up eventually.

If you "won" yours via ebay you entered a legally binding contract with the seller so he was bound to sell to you once the auction was over. Don't know of any "get out clauses".

Yo Eddy!

Saying it is lost in fire or got stolen?

I overhere in Holland do not really like the hassle of suing a guy in the US, so there is a chance one could get away it.

stevek

Very cynical ;) ....but if they had a change of heart due to a post auction offer I suppose they could find a way to get out of the agreement if they wanted to. I like to think that most people are honourable. Naive? I hope not.

S

stevek

Thanks for that Rody, duly added to 'my ebay'
Last year I didn't have any FAT's, now I have two, one unbuilt Wicked (waiting for decals to arrive from Wedyll... only 6 weeks so far..) and just got myself a Yo! Could this be number 3?

stevek

Hmm, been looking at the pics shown and had some sent to me by the seller and it looks to me that this isn't a Monster but a Wicked. Check out the seat stays, the Monsters I've seen have all been monostays.

Yo Eddy!

Remember reading a thread on a board somewhere on this planet that Monsters really difered over the years and earlies were almost relabeled Wickeds. Do not know exact details

stevek

You may be right Melvin I'm not sure.

It's also got the braze ons for the rear brake cable on the TT and the F & R mech cable braze ons are on the down tube.... just like a Wicked!

The seller doesn't say what year the frame is.

Attachments

• Wickedmonster.JPG
    Wickedmonster.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Wickedmonster1.JPG
    Wickedmonster1.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 20

stevek

Yeah, I was looking at that earlier. Could be confusing for somebody who's after a monostay Monster and doesn't realise that they used Wicked frames for a couple of years.....

I finally got myself a Yo! :D

The Wicked is ready to build up and will be as soon as the decals arrive from Wendyll (the lacquer has got to be applied after the decals so I can't assemble until it's done). :(

stevek

Pics (hastily taken) of my '91 Yo Eddy will do better ones at a later date!

Attachments

• P1310005_edited.JPG
    P1310005_edited.JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P1310003_edited.JPG
    P1310003_edited.JPG
    433.1 KB · Views: 12
  • P1310004_edited.JPG
    P1310004_edited.JPG
    482.9 KB · Views: 7
  • P1310002_edited.JPG
    P1310002_edited.JPG