Working man's Yo!

DC

Here is a shot of my 90 Yo! Now set up as my pick-up replacer. I'm a private landscaper and sick of driving the truck all the time. The trailer is from Wike they make quite a few purpose built trailers (canoe, dog etc). The rig pulls nicely and the old Yo! is up for the task!
peace

Attachments

• grellow w:trailer.JPG
    grellow w:trailer.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 126

DC

thanks!
I never thought I'd put a kick stand on one of my bikes, especially a FAT, but it is a necessary evil when trying to load the trailer

Yo Eddy!

Welcome

I find this a very Cool story and pic

Once read that Chris hoped his bikes we used for utility purposes after they retired from racing

DC

Thanks y'all!
Here is a shot of just the bike(006z07). She was my SS, I singled the Buck(bsm110) and put the xtr mechs and Hugi/WTB wheelset on the Yo!. Kenda K-Rad 2.3, Moustache bars, 983 brakes, DX cranks, Ultegra barend shifters. Nothing too fancy, just a reliable build. The Buck and the Surly get most of the weekend singletrack, the Yo! likes to explore local stuff on the way home from errands, etc. I considered a long bike, or something I didn't care about, for my work bike, but nothing's better than that Fat Chance feel.

Attachments

• grellowngrasses.JPG
    grellowngrasses.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

bruce t

Very cool!! Nice Yo, nice to see it hard at work!

Around Northampton, we have "Pedal People" who run trash and recycling service commercially (they have the city trash contract) with bikes and trailers. Haven't seen any Fats in service though.

Cheers, bt