grello paint code

theofil11

Does s.o. know the paint code to reproduce the original grello finish?

...or a painter who does grello finishing as true to the original as possible in Europe?

rody

It is impossible to replicate the original Grello formula as typically mixed by Fat.

Doug's understanding is partly correct as I'm sure the info passed on to him was.

The color was achieved by using flouro powders to tint layers of clear. The powdered pigment product, made by Radiance Inc. out of California, was quite popular during that time period. The powder would be measured out and added to the liquid clear, mixed, then sprayed. The company ceased production of the powders 10 years ago.

Although I've still got some of the yellow pigment, I've been unsuccessful in finding the green again :(

cheers,

rody

IF52

Rody,

Have you tried or been able to get close with anything else? Have you tried Dayglo? Being right up the way in Cleveburg that might be a convenient place to hit.

rody

Off topic...love Dayglo. Ever drive by and notice that all the fire hydrants around the facility are flouro colors and glow in the dark? :D

Not much for high end paint products though...really geared toward industrial coatings.

r

Marc996

i will have my Grello repainted in winter, i am still not sure wether i should paint it in Kandy red cheery though.

I know a painter who is pretty talented, and i think he will nail the colortone...

cheers

marc

Dr S

Could you post up the formulation when your painter has it nailed then Marc? I fancy a Grello repaint too.

rmp

Any other successful Grello re-sprays recently (last on was Butcher's Spectrum paint) and I think Ameybrook's powder coat?

Looking for a "go-to" shop, as the paint on my Wicked is 16 years old now and it probably needs to be redone.

rmp