Price check, isle 3...

Doug Carter

Staff member
Hey guys, just a check from you guys as to what you think this bike is worth. I'm looking at it for my wife, even though I'm in the process of building up my old aluminum Balance dual slalom bike for her with many of my very old 8-speed parts. Because this bike in the link is spec'd with Deore and looks to be in decent shape, I told the seller that if he wanted to sell it following the lack of bids on the auction, and he wanted to negotiate on his asking price and shipping price, I'd be interested in it.

This was over a week ago, but he finally responded to me.

I know what I would pay for it, but what do you guys think it's worth?

Purple Wicked Lite

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doug Carter

Staff member
[posted by Mike (scant) in the wrong thread :p ]

difficult as i'm in the UK & cant base it on the current exchange rate to give a true worth reflection to you! I'd say slightly below the reserve would be fair.

-scant

Yo Al

I saw a wicked frame sell for about $140 a couple of months ago on ebay. Most of the ones that are posted with a high opening bid just don't sell. I would offer no more than $250 US, but try for $200 first.

Good luck

Doug Carter

Staff member
Thanks Al & Mike. I made the guy an offer for the whole bike shipped, but he has yet to respond. I am not holding my breath, because I found that his auction description was completely cut & pasted from the First Flight description of their WL. The claim of "this bike originally sold for $2000" leads me to believe that he thinks he is sitting on some highly valuable collectible.

We'll see.

doug