New FAT Chance Bicycles

SMR

Doc Chill what rear thru axle

Hi DocChill I just installed the Paul's seatpost clamp, what rear thru axle did you order from them? The 15x142xCourse 1.5?
Thanks

DocChill

...a short update...

@SMR - ...a big sorry to you... I'didn't saw your question :eek:!!! But I ordered also 12 x 170 mm x 1.5 coarse... :beer:!

Here's a short update-pic for you quys:

2234530-2wtvypdlr99g-fatchanceyoeddy2_0no_ay7s03542-large.jpg

...black Shimano XT-Hubs, DT Revolution Spokes in silver, combined with purple DT Standard Nipples and Mavic XC 821 rims with Onza Canis Tires :)!

It will be ready soon :beer:!

Have a nice day -
cheers, Daniel

dubya

I got my 2.1 built up last summer but didn't find much time to ride, hoping this spring will be better when work isn't so bust. I went with a full XT M8000 group including brakes, DT Swiss M442 rims laced to red CK hubs with DT spokes and red nipples, red CK bottom bracket & headset, Thomson stem bars and seatpost with a Brooks C17 saddle. XT T8000 pedals with flats on one side clips on the other that I really like. Lots of red anodized bolts throughout.

I was running a 140mm Fox 34 Float Factory and 2.2" Ground Control tires but decided go sell the fox last month and ordered a matching rigid Yo Eddy fork and am going to try a 2.6" Specialized Butcher up front with a 2.3 Butcher in the rear.

I'm not sure how to post pics here from my phone but a few of you have seen it on Facebook anyway. Frame is a one off paint job, candy cherry up front fading to an emerald green in back with a nice lemon yellow at the transition. I ordered the fork solid candy cherry.

Anyone else have the rigid Yo fork? How do you like it? I'm looking forward to the front end being a bit lighter and stiffer with a bigger footprint.

DocChill

Fork question...

I'm not sure how to post pics here from my phone but a few of you have seen it on Facebook anyway.

Your description sounds interesting - pics please :)! It should be possible to connect from Facebook into this forum or :beer:? Can anyone help...?

Although I love the Yo Eddy rigid fork I think, that the new Yo is build for a suspension fork. The rigid fork in a Yo 2.x looks much too long in my opinion. If you compare with an old one, you'll understand what I mean:

large_Foto.JPG

24831066_758668574319949_1280018928205152334_o.jpg

Yo can see, that the new Yo is designed for a suspension fork - that's why I used a Rock Shox SID for my 2.0 ;)!

Cheers,
Daniel

dubya

Your description sounds interesting - pics please :)! It should be possible to connect from Facebook into this forum or :beer:? Can anyone help...?

Although I love the Yo Eddy rigid fork I think, that the new Yo is build for a suspension fork. The rigid fork in a Yo 2.x looks much too long in my opinion. If you compare with an old one, you'll understand what I mean:

large_Foto.JPG

24831066_758668574319949_1280018928205152334_o.jpg

Yo can see, that the new Yo is designed for a suspension fork - that's why I used a Rock Shox SID for my 2.0 ;)!

Cheers,
Daniel

I have a 95 Yo Eddy in the same Sapphire Fade paint job you posted above. It's a suspension corrected BOI fork, as is the new rigid Yo fork I ordered for the 2.1. Of course it looks long, it's designed for 29"/27.5"+ wheels as opposed to 26" that my 95 is designed for.