salsa taiwan

tvcreative

anybody have any bad experience with taiwan salsa roller cam stems? I recently purchased one, on ebay. I was angry, that the seller did not disclose this...

should I avoid using? It is an unusual length and angle...110cm 17 degrees-ish with a longer quill...

colker

anybody have any bad experience with taiwan salsa roller cam stems? I recently purchased one, on ebay. I was angry, that the seller did not disclose this...

should I avoid using? It is an unusual length and angle...110cm 17 degrees-ish with a longer quill...

Taiwan may lack in glamour but they can weld.. i've had US made control tech stems w/ bad alignment and rotating bolt clamps but those low end taiwanese parts never let me down. as long as it fits, ride it.

I-ROBOT

Jim
Look the unit over carefully and see if there are any lines in the paint that may look like cracks. The most likely places would be in the areas of highest stress such as next to the welds especially at the bottom of the connection to the quill. If it looks clean, then it's probably not cracked. Taiwanese weld quality is usually decent. Assuming it is a steel stem?
Scott