My new Yo from Footman

fat-tony

Staff member
Can't wait to take a ride on this thing. 1993 Yo with BOI fork. Not sure about the stem. I am going to have to lower the seatpost and change a few things for my liking. Seems like a really great bike.

Attachments

• barefootyo1.jpg
    barefootyo1.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 124

fat-tony

Staff member
more photos.............

Attachments

• barefootyo3.jpg
    barefootyo3.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 60
  • barefootyo5.jpg
    barefootyo5.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 54

colker

beautifull... i would have a syncros post, salsa stem, flat bar, thumbshifters, canti brakes, canti levers , silver crank rings installed ASAP.
i would love to, one day, find me a small medium yo w/ a BOI fork.
congrats!!! you must feel great about this.

Spikes

I agree with Flavio. While you're at it: get a Flite to sit on as well. The colour of your frame is superb. You'll love your bike. Keep her in good shape!

fat-tony

Staff member
yeah, what he said

I am all over it. This is going to be my main riding steed so it just may have a mix of vintage and newer components. Just not quite sure yet. Thanks for the words guys.

colker

I agree with Flavio. While you're at it: get a Flite to sit on as well. The colour of your frame is superb. You'll love your bike. Keep her in good shape!

... the same colour as that lovely fork you sent me! hmmm... i love my wicked.

Footman

I think I've seen that bike somewhere before

It's all cleaned up and ready for you Tony.

I've had mixed feelings about letting it go, but at the same time I'm excited about my new 29er bike and I know the Yo Eddy is going to someone who will appreciate and ride it like it's meant to be ridden. It's a great bike that rides fast and carves singletrack like a knife. I know you'll enjoy it.

fat-tony

Staff member
It's all cleaned up and ready for you Tony.

I've had mixed feelings about letting it go, but at the same time I'm excited about my new 29er bike and I know the Yo Eddy is going to someone who will appreciate and ride it like it's meant to be ridden. It's a great bike that rides fast and carves singletrack like a knife. I know you'll enjoy it.

Thank you Footman. I love it and it is just as you described. I appreciate you offering your ride here on Fatcogs first. I'll give it a whurl down the single track when my broken leg heals. As you know it is difficult to pedal with a boot cast on while holding two crutches.

Peace,
Tony

Last edited:

Kirk Pacenti

Nice bike....

That bike looks very much like one I saw in Portland some years ago...

I was on a ride with a friend of a friend and he had the same bike, same color and same stem! what are the odds? Footman, do you know a guy named Kurt from Santa Cruz?

Cheers,

fat-tony

Staff member
My new Yo revisited

I put some vintage peices that I had here and there on her to kind of bring her back to her vintage glory. Xt thumbies, flat bar, cantilever brakes, worn out Selle saddle. I had to rig out a front cable hanger using rim tape around the Salsa quill stem to give it that off the cuff appeal. And yes, the flat bar is shimmed with an old beer can I destroyed. Just yesterday was I able to take her for a ride on a local bike path because I am getting over a broken leg. Went about 10 miles on her and she tracks like a dream. I can't wait to get her out on the singletrack where she was meant to be once I am able.

Attachments

• ellawheel3.jpg
    ellawheel3.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 69

SLIMJOE

Nice YO!

Hey Tony, the YO rocks! I just love period looking YO'S...
I see ya going to ride it like it desrves..?
They are good fun to ride especially on technical singletrack!
Another thing, how cool is it to have this SITE?
Were would we all go to celebrate our FATS otherwise?