Suspension corrected

dubya

When exactly was the switch to suspension correct forks, From what I've heard it was somewhere in 1993. Early 93s were non and later 93s were corrected? I have a 93 Yo I'm building right now with no fork and a 95 with a non sus corrected BOI that I'd use on the 93 if it's a match. What's the timeline here?

Thanks!

I-ROBOT

Unfortunately, I can't give you a good answer on that one. I don't think frame serial numbers were altered to indicate suspension-corrected (or not). Forks were never marked (as a rule - apparently there are a couple of prototype YO forks that have some type of marking) so the only way to identify them is to measure them. I don't have those measurements here so maybe some other coggers can provide that information.

Good Luck
Scott

colker

The BOI forks i have seen (pics) are always taller than the Yo Eddy. Those forks came out around 93 so..
Otoh my wicked is from93. Catalog says it´s susp corrected. On the same catalog the picture shows a wicked w/ the usual unicrown fork. I tried it w/ a vicious cycles fork which is tall and went for the unicrown which makes the bike quicker. Can´t ride that easily w/ out hands on bars though.
Conclusion: there is no conclusion.