91 yo - new paint!

Ronin 09

Just a couple of progress pics.

thanks to Rody for the decals.

unfortunately I didn't clean off one of the down tube decals properly, and thereris a bit of dirt along one edge that has been sealed in with clear for eternity :(

the top coat of clear also has silver flake through it, but you can't really make it out in the pictures

when I get it in daylight and it's dry I'll take some better snaps :D

gallery_1486_103_931630.jpg

gallery_1486_103_447765.jpg

gallery_1486_103_13007.jpg

gallery_1486_103_752766.jpg

bonsaii

Very nice job! You got the colors quite spot on! Charming Eddy!

Wish I had the time to start my re-paint projects.

-bns

Ronin 09

thanks bonsaii - I absolutely love it.

there's a few more detailed shots on our blog http://www.rewindcycle.com.au/

I can't build it yet until either

1. the brake posts that Rody posted show up
2. I find another pair of brake posts.

I don't have the canti-brake post, and being M8x1.5 pitch, I can't find any that fit!

Ronin 09

a few completed pics!

I love it and the way it rides :D

IMG_7229.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

NOTE - colours are a bit off as i've just uploaded directly 'off the gun' without having time to do the colour correction

rthomer

Beautiful bike! I really like what you did with mixing old and new parts, purists may not, it works for me. The paint is killer.

tvcreative

i am likin it

I commented before, but this is really nice. I think I am changing my mind on the whole modern parts on an old fat. I tried it - I liked it on one of mine.

I think bike builders should re-think the scaffolding-like frame and fork combos i am seeing on modern bikes. Most people are tooling around on cinder paths, well established single track and city streets, and the FAT original geometry is comfy, fast, and confident -- without the wobble top non-sense of new builds.

great job

Jim

yo' djblu

One of my pet peeves about respray on the fades... The fade is not long enough to have a smoother transition. Just my .02 Nice work over all though. Sweet to have the decals under clear.

lucifer

I commented before, but this is really nice. I think I am changing my mind on the whole modern parts on an old fat. I tried it - I liked it on one of mine.

I think bike builders should re-think the scaffolding-like frame and fork combos i am seeing on modern bikes. Most people are tooling around on cinder paths, well established single track and city streets, and the FAT original geometry is comfy, fast, and confident -- without the wobble top non-sense of new builds.

great job

Jim

The fat geometry is fast and confident but its not particularly comfortable. The head tubes are too short.

tvcreative

This thread is about this bike -- not my comment

Great interp. Nice Paint. Great bike resto...that's what this thread is about.

feel free to message me directly should you want to take a swipe at my opinions.

Sorry your bike isn't comfy...my three are.

settemarche

Back to the Bike...

i really like the neo-classic take. the Yo frame is awesome and a true classic. and good condition vintage parts are getting harder and harder to come by. why not build with new? reliable and with good gearing. make a great bike even better. yeah - purist, i hear you. but different strokes for different folk.

great work and nice pics too!

Sette