No I can rest...

bonsaii

Now, I can rest...

After six-seven months of dealing with a friend of mine I finally got to buy his 1993 sleeve construction Medium sized Titanium. The turning piont in the deal came when he got a bargin on a 1999 Small Medium Titanium, and finally decided to sell off the 1993. (The 1999 is belived to be the last Titanium to leave the factory, not to be produced, as it was given to a young norwegian visitor/factory worker in person by Chris Chance. The toptube is signed with black permanent ink. Will try to get pics of this jewel.)

Anyway, the itanium has been a long time (15 or so years) wanted bike for me, so these days I'm really happy.

Some pics of the newest addition to the collection (which will be reduced after this). Look at those beautifil welds and machined dropouts. The parts on it came along...

Juhuuuu! :cool:

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

AB

Very nice congrats - I would definitely be interested in see more of that 1999 SM Ti and the serial number. Interesting story of the frame, but did Chris actually GIVE the frame to the visting Norwegian??? quite a gift.

jbrannsten

Staff member
First of all...and again congrats on this frame! As you know I have been wanting this frame for a long time but I'm glad it was you that ended up with it.

Funny thing is that the three of us live within 5 km radius and have a Ti Fat each, and the frames are all different. Your '93 with the sleeved construction, my '94 without the sleeves and the third which has the Ti without the wishbone:cool: If we add up all the Fats we now had it must be one of the largest collections in that radius.....??

Since pics of the s/m Ti was mentioned, here are a few I took of it the other night. The serial of that one is Tism1169. The current owner was told that this frame was the last s/m leaving the factory and it is said that it is a 2000 model. The first owner was the guy that had the import of Fats in Norway in the period '98-'00. I doubt it was a gift from Chris, but it was at least handed over by Chris and it has his signature on the top tube made with a permanent marker (not in the photos). Unfortunately time has made it almost invisible.

I guess Bonsaii or myself will be able to provide better and more pics of the bike in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_3609.JPG
    IMG_3609.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3611.JPG
    IMG_3611.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3613.JPG
    IMG_3613.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3618.JPG
    IMG_3618.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3619.JPG
    IMG_3619.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 12

AB

Thanks very much for posting the reply and photos. Interesting to hear that Fat City considered this a 2000 model. My current weekly ride is SM 1161 so not far behind 1169 and most probably a 2000 model also.

bonsaii

Ok, sorry if I misunderstood the story.

The seller of my 1993, a friend og jbrannsten and myself, bought the frame from a second owner and he told our friend that it was given to the first owner by C, and offcourse signed by him.. Mabye I misunderstood.

Anyway, I'm very happy the three Titaniums is within reach... :D

bonsaii

Also note that it has i titanium fork. It does'nt have the beautiful finish the FCC made have, but still.

I think the hole bike weighs approx 8,4kilos.

Last edited:

jbrannsten

Staff member
Ok, sorry if I misunderstood the story.

Could might as well be me that have misunderstood:D Anyway, what is certain is that it was handed over by Chris himself and signed. If it was a gift or not needs to be confirmed....

bonsaii

We could get J to call back to Welle and ask, as he did call numerous people to "tell them he got a new bike". Heheee.

Joking!