Looking to ID a fat

RasJOEY

Hey guys
Im new to the forum (hope you'll all be friendly...). I am not a Fat expert but have loved Fats for as long as I could rememeber. I grew up in MA and would always find Fat framesets hanging from the ceiling near the registers at my LBS and would drool over them, but could never afford one back then because I was not a rich kid. Now I get paid more than my $10 a week allowance, so what do I do.....buy a Fat!
So I was hoping someone could help me out with a frame/fork combo. I don't have the frame yet so I wont be able to re-check the serial number, but will do that as soon as I get it. In the photos you'll see the seller description which offers some vague details on the frame and serial #.
Here are the photos:
ScreenGrab.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I have a question about the fork as well as the frame. It seems that this one doesnt have the rack/fender mount eyelets on the fork, from almost ALL of the photos I've seen of Wickeds or Fat Chances of the era they have the eyelets for mounting accessories on the fork....not this one. Im hoping it is a Fat fork, just maybe swapped for a Wicked Lite fork at somepoint. The guys says its a local Fat Rep's demo bike from back in the day so Im assuming if something had happened to the original fork that it would be replaced by Fat with another one of their forks. It looks kind of like a Wicked Lite fork to me.
Sorry I dont have more info for now, but I will update as I get the frame in hand and can really look at the serial and other stuff.

Thanks guys, I hope to be more active here in the future so hopefully this goes well....And hopfully I posted the photos correctly and didn't manage to break any rules on my first post.

rick

ID a Fat?

while most Fats of the era had eyelets on the fork, it is not unheard of for them to not have them. I have at least one bike from this time frame that does not have eyelets on the fork.

enjoy

RasJOEY

Campy dropouts

So, interesting..... I finally picked up the frame/fork (plus every single original part was included except for pedals and wheels) and got a chance to take a closer look at the fork. It's got Campy dropouts so it must have been a replacement at some point. Campy dropouts are not too common on a 2" rake unicrown right?
Very happy with this pickup everything is clean and the guy saved me a lot of $ by including all the original parts- even the fat city handle bars, specialized stem and Specialized Fat City leather saddle.
Glad he decided to sell it to me rather than trash all those original parts and convert it to a modern SS....

I'll post some build pics later on

Bssc

If you knew the right people you could have them removed at the shop or they may of just left them on for spite too if they knew you well