Dusting off my Yo Eddy Team Fast Chance

Team Fat

After quite a while, Im back to riding. I have just cleaned up my yo eddy team fat chance and noticed that the fork seems to compressed and doesn't have much movement. I've added some pictures so you can see it. I don't remember now much about the folk. Can someone explain how the folk worked - was it filled with fluid or just air? This is still the best mountain bike I owned and want to get back to riding it. Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3226.jpg
    IMG_3226.jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9074.jpg
    IMG_9074.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 55

chefmiguel

Nice paint on that. The fork needs new elastomers, they will need to be completely dismantled and hopefully the old melted elastomers will come out easily. There are a few places on the web where you can find them. Names of which escape me at the moment.

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
Holy poop, that is a beaut!

As le chef said, your elastomers are fried. It might be a mess to clean up inside, but people have reported decent luck with replacements from here: http://www.suspensionforkparts.net

.....and if you ever want to sell that Yo, drop me a line--I love the paint!!

Team Fat

Hey thanks. Just ordered the replacement parts from the suspensionsfolksparts website. Didn't want to replace the folk - the boys at Fat City Cycles painted it special after I visited the factory. I'll let you know how the replacement ends up.

stellajerome

I also wanted to have this one for my kids and i search it on Ebay but not as good as your's so let me know from where can i get those bikes...!!!

fat-tony

Staff member
I don't know how I missed this original post, but damn that paint scheme is nice. :cool: I would lose the 3dv quick releases though...........

colker

that paint scheme was featured in a double page on Bicycling, 1990, w/ a Rock Shox mag 21.
It was one of those images that carve a niche in your brain and makes you do things.
Can't remember the rest of the build but the article said: this is a mountain bike.

nader

who painted this fork so beautiful? :p
Replacing of elastomers is actually quite simple but if they are dry stuck in there tight.

Team Fat

Hey guys, thanks for the notes. The fork was painted at the Fat chance factory - I visited the factory, got a tour, and then asked about having the fork custom painted - and they did it. Hey, so I ordered the Manitou 2 elastomer refresh kit from suspensionforkparts.com. But the elastomers were too narrow for my fork. I now have an email in to the website as to why - I bought the bike and fork in 93. Anyone run into this?