Don Myrah Custom Fat

Chance Oviedo

1991 custom frame 20" Wicked Fat Chance with a unique threaded bottom bracket supposedly to accommodate early threaded Campy BB's. Bike serial number (551w19) matches up to the first of a series of 3 Wickeds made for Don Myrah. I've converted the bike to a 18x32 SS with full modern Origin8 drivetrain and a mix-match of retro and modern parts. Unknown stem and bars, Cane Creek headset. The bike was repainted black by Vicious Cycles and (unfortunately) re-decal'd by a younger and slightly less careful me, hence the off-center right side decal set (not shown).

Stingercut

^ Exactly a nice light blue one. I have the poster somewhere. Maybe when it was repainted they only had wicked decals.

Stingercut

Yes that's the poster, doh.., maybe its too many aluminium saucepans, yes I remember the thread about it now. Nice pic of him on a proper Team Comp. The Team Comp is the best 'riding' bike FCC ever made IMO.

Chance Oviedo

Here are the pictures of the Serial log page, and the bike. I would post the serial, but the camera wont focus on the BB shell (And the bike has been repainted). Sorry for the extremely late reply, but these should work. It would be nice if somebody were to produce pictures of Myrah on a Wicked. Apparently there were three made, as shown in the log.

Attachments

• Wicked Serial No..jpg
    Wicked Serial No..jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Wicked SS.jpg
    Wicked SS.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 55

I-ROBOT

Here are the pictures of the Serial log page, and the bike. I would post the serial, but the camera wont focus on the BB shell (And the bike has been repainted). Sorry for the extremely late reply, but these should work. It would be nice if somebody were to produce pictures of Myrah on a Wicked. Apparently there were three made, as shown in the log.

Those are definitely my initials on the log sheet
Don was a weight freak and those frames were as light as we could make them and feel comfortable that they would hold up
Nice find
Scott

Chance Oviedo

Those are definitely my initials on the log sheet
Don was a weight freak and those frames were as light as we could make them and feel comfortable that they would hold up
Nice find
Scott

Thanks! Do you know if Myrah rode any of them in major races? I can't find a single picture of him on a Wicked. Of any picture of him on a Fat later than 1990 for that matter.:confused:

laffeaux

In the transition from the blue Ritchey to the green Fat he seems to have gone down a frame size or two. The Fat looks small for him - maybe that's the weight-weenie in him opting for the smaller lighter frame.