• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

FS: 26er Gunnar RockHound 18" Unpainted Frame

Doug Carter

Staff member
So this has been a project that was replaced by a GT Xizang and now it hangs lonely on my wall. I don't see this getting built ever, unless I decide to do a weird commuter thing, which isn't likely. It's N-1 for now.

It's an '03 Gunnar (Waterford) RockHound mountain bike frame in beautiful Reynolds 853 steel. It's remarkably similar in measurements to my Massachusetts-built M/L Yo Eddy that was made just before the Serotta move.

The frame was a rattle can and decal hot mess from the previous owner. I stripped and bead blasted the frame with plans to repaint or powdercoat, or even potentially send it back to Gunnar for a factory refinish. It currently sits in a blasted/stripped and unfinished state hanging on the wall of my shop.

Serial number: E00062

Key specs:
Brakes: Cantilever
Steerer tube: 1 1/8 inch
Seatpost: 27.2mm
Seatpost clamp: 28.6mm
Bottom bracket width/threading: 68mm wide/English (BSA) threading.
Rear dropout spacing: 135mm

Stand over: 29.75”
Head Tube Angle: 71.5°
Seat Tube Angle: 74°
Top Tube Length: C-C: 23.6”
Head Tube: 4.134”
Chainstay: 16.25”
Bottom Bracket Height: 11.875”
Wheelbase: 41.7”

I'd like to get $300 plus shipping to wherever in the US for the frame. Local pickup is cool, as well (western Chicago suburbs). Could be a really neat project for someone wanting to do something analog and slightly old school (sort of). You guys get it, but most new-school MTBers don't understand the simplicity of a US-handmade frame like this.

gunnar_021.jpg

gunnar_022.jpg

gunnar_023.jpg

gunnar_024.jpg

gunnar_025.jpg

gunnar_026.jpg