• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1986 Fat Chance Wants a Loving Home

vanessabelz

I am selling my 1986 Fat Chance. SN 86286. Asking $375, plus actual cost of boxing and shipping. Pics are here - https://goo.gl/photos/1Nk8xtK3gWwCMVHMA The bike is currently set up as a "rough and ready" townie with clipless/platform pedals, upright stance, U-shaped handlebars and a 3-speed Nexus Shimano internal hub and shifter with coaster break. A chain tensioner guides the whole system and performs reliably. There is also 1 left-hand break/front break. Seat tube measures 19.5" from mid-point to mid-point. The original RockShox fork was removed by me and replaced with a generic, pre-owned rigid fork in 2009 (insert gasp here). The bike has been stored indoors or under cover for the past 20+ years. The bike has been through some iterations over the years. The frame (no cracks or significant rusting to the very best of my knowledge) lies under three coats of paint. The current color is dark red with significant/frequent occurrences of paint chipping which reveal the other 2 colors below. I am not the original owner however, I have been connected to this bike via 2 close friends since 1995. I have been the sole (and proud) owner since 2007. It's tough to see this ride leave my stable, but it's always run a touch too small for my build (5'8" with long arms and torso). It's time to find a good home for this tiny piece of bicycling history. I'll do my best to ship safely and inexpensively. Shipping from Reno, NV to locations within the USA only, please. PayPal transactions only. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

redlineronni

I want this bike

Although I'm not new to this site, I have never attempted a purchase. I've sent the owner a message but have not heard back. I'm wondering if I have followed proper procedure or am I missing something?

vanessabelz

Comms via Fat Cogs

Ronni,
You are good! I just haven't logged into Fat Cogs in the past few days. You and I are in touch via email about the purchase, so all is well:)
Vanessa

vanessabelz

Fat Chance For Sale Update -
I am in touch with a buyer. The bike/cash exchange is scheduled to happen before May 13th. I will leave this post up until the sale is finalized. Once our exchange is done, I'll pull this post/thread to keep Fat Cogs clean:)
Vanessa