Head tube length on a large 92 Wicked

DRZRM

OK, I'm waiting for my Wicked to come in the mail, but I have a line on a FC fork. Anybody know how long the steerer needs to be on a large Wicked (I think it was a 19" inch frame if I remember correctly)?

DRZRM

Thanks You Eddie!, that was a real lifesaver.

I sold my 92 Wicked to a buddy around 1996 for like $250 when I picked up a Moots YBB. He has been using it mostly on slicks since then in North Carolina. A few weeks ago, we met up for a drink and he said he was getting a new bike, and did I want my frame back...:D.

I've been planning out the build ever since. I still had the original fork (or at least I thought I did) sitting in my parents' basement since "upgrading" to a Manitu 2, but when I went looking for it last weekend, I guess it had been thrown away or something (of course every other piece of crap that I'd ever bought for a bike was still sitting there, anyone need 1st gen Maguru Hydrostop hydraulics from 1985 or so?). So I've been looking into replacement forks, and thinking about having something built, Waltworks perhaps.

So I walk into a Boston area shop yesterday and wind up talking to a wrench there who darts off into the basement and comes out with a dark blue Big One Inch Yo Eddie fork in his hand with XTR cantis still attached with 5" of steerer (which is why I needed to know how long my head tube is). :eek: I'll post pics when it's done.

Zach

Yo Eddy!

If it turns out you still need a new fork, rody builds really nice ones for FATs. If it is cheap get that Yo fork anyway, as for its worth you can have you a new fork made ;)

colker

the yo fork has a different rake than the wicked which is not that different from many forks from the era including a current tange 1in non susp. which you can buy for $50 online. not threaded. you will need an aheadset.
the yo fork is much more sought after and can fetch $300 on ebay.

DRZRM

Well I got the Yo! Not only can I live with the 1/4" tighter rake, I think I'll like it. I got a good deal on it, and got the XTR cantis thrown in. Besides, I have my Chris King lock nut head set, and a Moot Ti quill stem. I'd hate to see them go to waste. Now I just have to figure out how to go about the rest of the build. I think I'll send out the fork and my Syncros Revolution cranks for bead blasting and re-painting. Thanks for all the info.

younggeoff

yo fork

HEllo, if you're getting the fork bead blasted can you take some photo's of it when it's got no paint on I seem to remember Rody was after some pics so he could see how they were originally put together.

DRZRM

I'll see what I can do when I find a painter/bead blaster.

ZRM

HEllo, if you're getting the fork bead blasted can you take some photo's of it when it's got no paint on I seem to remember Rody was after some pics so he could see how they were originally put together.