87 Wicked, new project

DC

Howdy peeps, been gone awhile, riding fat bikes instead of Fat Chances.
FAT stoke restored buy scoring my latest project.

she is a little rough around the edges, but...
modified with Surly track drops
Box Crown Fork!
Hammerhead Stem!
Fat City bar
ser#87220

cheers
DC

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 138
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 106

RobTu

Nice, I remember bidding on that one when it was on ebay. Glad it went to someone here; should be fun build and ride...look forward to the updates :cool:

DC

thanks, guys. I didn't know he had it on ebay. Dude walked in the shop I work at with it, and it went home with me!

Still in the decision stage: do I build it and ride it in the current rat-rod style, or do I give it full love(repaint etc)?

tvcreative

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder…..i say ride it first - then decide if you love it - at that point paint or move along.

Last edited:

I-ROBOT

Yes Indeed! The original Fat City cartridge bottom bracket bearing started life as a lawn mower bearing. Necessity is the mother of invention... that and a case of beer;)
Scott

Gary Helfrich

The bearings were special ordered from NTN. It's a inch-sized R10 bearing with full contact polyurethane seals. The best setup (short of boring the bottom bracket out to 35mm ID) is to use stainless steel food service bearings. They're not cheap (30 bucks each) but last forever. If your local bearing supply can't get them, there's always McMaster Carr.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#6138K68

Stingercut

Some say you can't beat the 'wisdom of the crowd' but having the combined wisdom of two of the LEGENDS of Fat City Cycles and Mountainbiking...has to be close :D