• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

NOS Rasta Wicked, Spindles, Collars, Decals

weaponsgrade

Hello Fat Cogs,

I've got a couple of things I'm looking to sell as a package deal.

First up is a NOS Fat City Wicked frame set in rasta paint. Frame has been built-up, but never ridden. There are a few paint chips from being moved around. Frame size is 16" (seat tube measures 16 " center-to-center). Includes everything pictured: Shimano 600 headset (top headset nut is missing the black plastic ring), a Suntour XC post (used), pressed-in bottom bracket with axle and retaining collars as shown. Frame was likely built in 1990 based on serial number.

Also included in the package are two 5/8" spindles, an extra set of retaining collars, and an extra set of decals. One spindle is 126mm long. The other is 128mm long. The 126mm one is solid and the 128mm one is hollow. The decals and extra set of retaining collars were purchased from Rody of Groovy Cycles.

I'd like to sell everything as a package: $875 plus shipping and any other fees (e.g., PayPal fees). Local pickup in the San Francisco Bay Area is more than welcome. Thanks!

MikeyNYC

Did you buy this from a bike shop in NYC? There used to be one just like this hanging in Metro Bikes near Canal Street.

rick

Rasta frame

that is a good looking frame. Price seems reasonable for the condition too.
My understanding is that D & D did repaints for Fat City as well as paint jobs for new frames. Not sure if they would have applied their own decal on a new frame? Can anyone confirm or dispel this story? I know that they did very nice work, I have one bike that they painted

weaponsgrade

Mikey, yes, I purchased this from a bike shop in NYC. I don't remember the name of the shop.

I've been gathering parts over the years to build it up, but haven't found much time between work and family. (That and I also picked up a Yo Eddy frameset ;)). I pretty much just want to recoup what I've got in it.

I believe DD painted a lot of FC bikes and if the paint job happened to be a custom job, DD put their decal on.

Thanks for the comments.

MikeyNYC

Mikey, yes, I purchased this from a bike shop in NYC. I don't remember the name of the shop.

It was Metro Bicycles on Canal Street and 6th Avenue, they moved and that building is no longer there. They had a few Fats hanging around into the early to late 90's, if that frame were my size I would have bought it back then, good deal and a nice frame for someone who it will fit.