Reincarnated Yo!

jh4rt

I've owned this one since 1991. It went through a half-dozen iterations, and was last a Single Speed with v-brakes.... Well... now it is mostly all period correct...and restored.

Here are some pics.

IMG_2228.JPG

More pics here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/7PEHI8ozM0IFBhQdCcqtXw?feat=directlink

brad

Did you have the bike repainted? If so, who did it for you? I have a similar black 91 Yo w/ pink/white decals (669Y1M - original owner).

bonsaii

Hi there..

What about some black cranks? Black Race face forged would be super-cool.

Nice Iron! :cool:

- bons

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
A surfeit of black '91 Yo's :)

This is mine. Just in few in front of Brad's---656Y1M.

It has also been through several mtb phases, a slick tire'd 53 tooth-ringed road commuter phase for three years in Tokyo, a 1x7 phase, and now currently in a single speed guise. It started in Kandy Wild Cherry with the Yo fork. I crashed it and destroyed the fork (still have the twisted wreckage though) but in the wreck I also developed a slight crack in the head tube. Fat fixed it for free and said they would paint it any color in the regular list (also gratis).....I went with black. No offense, but I am still sort of kicking myself over that. I rode with Mag-21s for 13 years or so afterward, then switched it to the Tange as pictured. ....but I'd love to get it redone in Kandy Wild Cherry with a new fork at Rody's.

I am the original owner and this was my first 'real' bike....spent a year a half saving up for it as a jr. high school student!

I never left school (about to get my PhD) and I never left the Yo :)

Attachments

• IMG_5207.jpg
    IMG_5207.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5226.jpg
    IMG_5226.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5193.JPG
    IMG_5193.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 28