• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

Nice looking Yo with great paint in LA

lamski

Hi Jbrannsten,
I noticed you have S/M frames. What is your height and inseam? I'm thinking about making an offer on this Yo in Los Angeles, but not sure what size frame I should pursue.

I'm 5'7 with a 29 1/2" inseam. Think a small is okay or is small/med better?

New to Fatcogs, but a long time fan of Fat Chance. Fantastic resource and the collective knowledge on these boards is awesome. Hoping to add a Fat to my collection soon!

rthomer

The stem is really long, maybe 150? The seat looks like a diving board slammed all the way forward.
Nice bike though.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Hi Jbrannsten,
I noticed you have S/M frames. What is your height and inseam? I'm thinking about making an offer on this Yo in Los Angeles, but not sure what size frame I should pursue.

New to Fatcogs, but a long time fan of Fat Chance. Fantastic resource and the collective knowledge on these boards is awesome. Hoping to add a Fat to my collection soon!

I'm 5'9 so the s/m frames are too small for me...I'm a M guy. 5'7 should be perfect for s/m frames, I'm not 100% sure but others here could probably confirm.

He he, one of the s/m frames were bought by mistake because I mixed up two auctions. At some point I may be selling them but haven't figured it out yet.

DC

You should compare top tube lengths and other geometry to some of your current rides based on which ones fit you best. A small Yo will have a 22" tt whereas a s/m has a 22.6" tt. Keep in mind that the headtubes are fairly short (90mm) so the bars may end up being a bit lower that your more modern rides, but if your actual measured (not pant length) inseam is 29 1/2 your seatpost won't be sky high even on a small.
I'm 5' 9" and have all three sizes(med, s/m, and small) The medium fits me perfect, I rode the small for years with a 140mm stem though(got it when I was 18, hit a growth spurt at 20)

good luck!

lamski

Thanks for the replies. DC's advice is spot on about measuring the top tube. Didn't know the specs of a small Yo Eddy, so last week I took a measuring tape to my M2 and the Yo. Just about an exact match which is very cool. But the M2 has a 112mm head tube vs. 90mm on the Yo (again DC is right on the money). Also, the Yo has 1/8" shorter chainstays so I am anticipating a better climber. Then again, the engine might be the problem not the frame.

Anyway, based on tt similarities....I made a deal. The grello/blue fade Yo as seen on CL is now in my garage (I'll post some pics soon). I've already dissembled most of it to get a better look inside and it looks rust-free except for some surface corrosion. Cleaned up those spots nicely with navel jelly and I'm sorting through the parts to figure out how I want to rebuild it and which parts to put up on ebay.

I'd like to swap out the QR seat collar/clamp for a clamp with bolt. I know the internal diameter of the seat tube is 29.4mm, but what about the outside? And also, which brands make seat collars that fit the Yo Eddy? Hope? Salsa?

Thanks

lamski

Here it is:

picture.php