29.4mm/410mm Silver Seat Post

misterdangerpants

I'm looking for a 29.4mm diameter/410mm length seat post for my Yo Eddy. Don't care what brand, though Syncros would be nice. Has to be silver, though. Aluminum, titanium, whatever you've got.

IF52

I'm looking for a 29.4mm diameter/410mm length seat post for my Yo Eddy. Don't care what brand, though Syncros would be nice. Has to be silver, though. Aluminum, titanium, whatever you've got.

How about a Thomson. That's what I have on my Yo.

misterdangerpants

How about a Thomson. That's what I have on my Yo.

I want one in silver considering my bike is black. Thomson only comes in black for that size. I actually found one on Wiggle. It looks very similar to the Kalloy that's currently on my Yo Eddy. It'll suffice, I suppose, but I'd still prefer one that's period correct.

IF52

I want one in silver considering my bike is black. Thomson only comes in black for that size. I actually found one on Wiggle. It looks very similar to the Kalloy that's currently on my Yo Eddy. It'll suffice, I suppose, but I'd still prefer one that's period correct.

I didn't realize they stopped doing them in silver, as mine is silver. I bought it the middle of last year for that Ibis SS I had and put it on the Yo when I picked that up.

mainlyfats

I have a similar issue because I need the set-back Thomson posts and also prefer silver. I've used the USE shims in the past and, really, unless you're trying to win a resto-contest, no one would ever be the wiser.

IF52

I guess depending on the vintage of your Fat, Thomson can be considered period correct. At least for the NY Fats, and certainly the late Fats. I remember people from Thomson coming up from Macon to our shop in Atlanta in ~96 hawking their goods.

misterdangerpants

I guess depending on the vintage of your Fat, Thomson can be considered period correct. At least for the NY Fats, and certainly the late Fats. I remember people from Thomson coming up from Macon to our shop in Atlanta in ~96 hawking their goods.

Mine is a 1992 Somerville-built bike, so it would be great to get something from the era. Although, the seat post I ordered looks retro, so that just might do that trick.

IF52

Is the Kalloy the one that looks kind of like a Syncros? I had one on the Monster for a while until I found an old IRD in 26.4. Worked out OK and looked pretty good considering.

I'm having a hard time remembering what would be period in silver for your bike? Who made something back then in silver?

misterdangerpants

Is the Kalloy the one that looks kind of like a Syncros? I had one on the Monster for a while until I found an old IRD in 26.4. Worked out OK and looked pretty good considering.

I'm having a hard time rememberg what would be period in silver for your bike? Who made something back then in silver?

My Syncros (titanium) from about 1994 or so didn't look anything like the Kalloy. My bike came with a Kalloy. The gruppo was most like from a 1992 Specialized Stumpjumper, but obviously the seat post was ordered separately.

Attachments

• P9070019.JPG
    P9070019.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

IF52

Ah, yeah. That looks like the post Kalloy made for Ritchey.

Kalloy does another post with a head kind of like the Syncros or Thomson clamp design. Not bad looking, but still a cheap post. That's what I had on the Monster.

I'll keep my eyes open for you.

rick

seat post

Ritchey sold Nitto-made seat posts in silver that would be appropriate for an early 90s bike; like all Nitto products they are very nice.
I have a couple on bikes but have not seen one for sale recently.