Chris Chance Road Bike

jcmseven

To all, I am a new poster. I am a former amateur racer and now "fat" old guy who is getting back into competitive riding. I just posted a few pictures of my recent project, my 1995-6 Chris Chance Road bike (57cm) in the PHOTO ALBUM section. I bought this bike new in early 1996 and it was my first nice road bike. I have ridden it extensively over the years and recently, with the assistance of my shop, redid the bike. It has the original right to left fade paint and NO rust. We coated the frame insides with JD Weigle frame saver, built it up with SRAM Red TDF group, Deda bars, and a conversion threaded to threadless to stiffen up the front end. It has a Thomson stem and seatpost, Fizik Aliante saddle, limited edition Brooks leather bar tape, and hand built wheels with Velocity Escape tubular rims, black DT Revolution spokes, Chris King R45 hubs and FMB Competition CX tires. Not that I care, but it weighed 17.75 pounds after completed with pedals and two waterbottle cages. Not bad for a 15 year old bike that still rides great. Let me know what you think.

John

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
That came out VERY nice. Cool update and the SRAM stuff looks good on it.
The harlequin paint job is sweet too.