• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

1982 Chris Chance Road Bike - 61cm

GM01

This bike has a beautiful frame. I bought the bike from a collector of rare and interesting vintage bikes. He told me the frame was made by Chris in early 1982 - just before the pre-Fat Chance era. Custom paint by R. Brian Baylis from San Marcos, CA. Hand filed lugs with Chris' signature star cut out in them - accented with yellow paint. “Special” written on chain stays. ST 61 c to c, TT 59.5. As set-up, this bike is good for a rider between 6-0 and 6-3.

The Build: Sugino crankset (172.5) w/ sealed BB. Campagnolo BREV Super Record brakes and Campagnolo levers with Modolo 919 hood covers. Sun Tour Superbe Pro shifters and derailluers. Campy hubs on Campy Delta (Strada XL Chromium) rims (32 hole). Spacing: 130r and 100 fr. Sachs Milliard 7sp. freewheel. Rolls saddle. Cinelli Bars (42cm c to c) and stem (120).

Rides well - smooth road feel, responsive handling, tracks straight. Needless to say, this bike gets a lot of positive comments from other cyclists. Additional pics available upon request.

Asking $3,900 US. Buyer pays Shipping/Professional Packing. Will Ship Internationally.

If interested, send me an email at gmss1@icloud.com.

Thanks for looking!
Gary

Attachments

• Chance Bike.JPG
    Chance Bike.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited: