• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

92 Yo Eddy that Could be for sale?

freeride

Orig- owner, 9 condition. Size m, Color violet. All XTR orig-with syncros - manitu 2 susp fork. flight seat. Super ringle frnt hub. Made in Summerville. All the best goodies of its time!!! Never raced - spent over $4,000.00 back in 92. Have orig XTR clip in peds and orig bars and neck. Very few cosmetic scratches. Museum piece of its time!!! pic's on request.[/img] :twisted:

Doug Carter

Staff member
Gawd, I'm glad it isn't a M/L... I have no spare cash lying around for the bike I have been searching for!

Send some photos this way and I will post them for you.

Love that Team Violet.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Ok, a few updates and photos of the bike...

The bike's frame serial number is 447Y2MS, and it is metallic purple, not Team Violet. The serial shows that the bike is indeed a 1992 Somerville Yo Eddy! frame, but it is a Medium/Small, which should make it just about a 16" to 16.5" frame.

freeride_001.jpg

freeride_002.jpg

freeride_003.jpg

freeride_004.jpg

yo' djblu

I think I am going to have my wife chop off some of my legs so I can become a bit shorter! What an amazing colour and bike!!! Someone is going to be VERY lucky.

freeride

92 Yo Eddy

Dinamite comes in small packages!!!! I personally like the smaller lighter frame. my hight is 5'8" :twisted:

fat-tony

Staff member
your bike

I am very interested in your ride. Please email me so we can discuss details and price!

freeride

92 Yo Eddy

Ok, I am glad people are responding - The bike will be sold as a whole or maybey minus the new bars and neck ( but w/original bar and neck) perfect shape. For all of you who are real buyers... the price will be posted maybey today or if not on monday. :cry:

freeride

92 Yo Eddy

Ok - Call me what ever you want but the only way the Yo is going to go, is if I get half of original purchace price. I came to this amount because I only rode the bike maybey 6 times... It looks newer than my buddies bike that is 2 months old! I spent $4,200.00 U.S. so I am asking $2,100.
I dont really know what market is because prices are so different (seen $850 to $5,000) Even though I can not ride off road because of back injury - I could not replace it with all of the bikes that I have test rode over the last week for under $3,000.00 in ride quality and performance. For all of you who have rode a new Yo Eddy w/all XTR and goodies know that I am speaking the truth. So that is my price- in my eyes it is a steal and hard to print this. This is the most bang for the buck for any hard tail on the market that I have seen!!!!

YO

Let me get this right...$2,100?
You might want to look at ebay first.
I just bought a mint '99 Cherry love for $1100 with Race Face and other goodies and it had all the logos intact. I would say $700-$1000 given the old parts and dated shock. You would get what you wanted, however if you could dig up the Fat Fork! Us Fatcoggers go apesh*t over those things!

Fatty

fat-tony

Staff member
value

I don't doubt your love for the bike. We wouldn't be on this website if we did not value Fat Chance bikes. The amount is too steap for me. I am very interested and if you reconsider your price, please let me know.

Doug Carter

Staff member
Yup, I'd have to agree the price is far too steep for a 12-year old bike. I bought an essentially brand new '93 Wicked Lite for $650 with full XT last summer, and I thought that may have been on the high side.

Unless it was brand new, it's tought to expect $2,100 for a hardtail. Even new, I don't know too many guys who would bite on that.

For reference, there was a minty fresh hyper-clean 10th Anniversary Fat Chance on eBay a few months ago with a Fat rigid fork and full XTR. We all lusted over it, and it wound up selling for a cool $1900. Unless it is a 10th anniversary or a full Fat Ti, you'll be really hard-pressed to come close to the $2k range.

Honestly, and take this for what it's worth, based on the market value of the bikes that have SOLD in the last year, I'd say that it would be closer to a $1,000 bike, at the most. I know that isn't what you want to hear, but that's where they are.

doug

freeride

92 Yo Eddy

Ok, I knew everybody was going to freek on my price. And I must say there seems like few serious buyers who have shocked me with the polite way that they have responded! I think I have a good idea on what market price is for this croud .. Now I need just a little more time to think - if my baby goes she would go for a depreciation of about $400 Dollars a ride to my pocket book. :shock: I am guessing thats what a good time cost for a .... job from a spinner in Las Vegas :wink: I am just going to need a few days to sleep on it. Sorry (I will keep you posted)

fat-tony

Staff member
"92 Yo

Question: is there a reason the Team Fat Chance and Yo Eddy decals are not there? Did all frames come with them standard or are there bikes without them from Fat City? Still interested in your bike, freeride.

freeride

92 Yo Eddy

The bike had all of the stickers, but when I purchased it I had the large ones on the top tube removed (it has all the others) It is my understanding that Chris Chance's wife still sells stickers?