toothpicks and pulleys?

IF52

Anybody have any spare toothpicks and pulleys? The Yo I just picked up is missing both and the Monster is just missing the pulley.

Thanks in advance.

fat-tony

Staff member
Find you an old metal rollamajig. Color doesn't matter because all the pulleys on them were silver. Remove and it is perfect.

As for the toothpicks, a little more difficult.

IF52

Find you an old metal rollamajig. Color doesn't matter because all the pulleys on them were silver. Remove and it is perfect.

As for the toothpicks, a little more difficult.

Ah, good call! I bought a pulley conversion thing for a CX bike just to snitch the pulley out of it, but the pulley was plastic and goofy looking so I nixed that idea. Never thought about a rollamajig.

Actually I don't really like how the toothpicks work, so I plan to install them so they are there. No worries, I can wait.

jbrannsten

Staff member
Someone here had a lot of toothpicks made up, he actually sent me a pair for free. However, all my PM's are deleted so I don't remember the name (but if you are lucky he reads this thread).

Jon

fat-tony

Staff member
Someone here had a lot of toothpicks made up, he actually sent me a pair for free. However, all my PM's are deleted so I don't remember the name (but if you are lucky he reads this thread).

Jon

Was it DonH? Send him a PM.

DonH

toothpicks

Yes, I believe it was him. Great guy!!

Thanks for the compliment!

Im pretty sure I have more toothpicks stashed in my parts box. Let me check later today (im at work right now).

IF52 - send me a PM with your name and adress so I can send them.

IF52

Thanks for the compliment!

Im pretty sure I have more toothpicks stashed in my parts box. Let me check later today (im at work right now).

IF52 - send me a PM with your name and adress so I can send them.

Wow, cool. I'll send you a PM in a minute!

jasonz

I have rode and worked on bikes for most of my life, even master mechanic at a local shop for 2 years. I have owned 3 Fats now and have no clue what a toothpick is. Pulleys are on derailleurs, but toothpicks? I assume this is slang for something but I have not the slightest. Please explain and/or attach a picture

fat-tony

Staff member
I have rode and worked on bikes for most of my life, even master mechanic at a local shop for 2 years. I have owned 3 Fats now and have no clue what a toothpick is. Pulleys are on derailleurs, but toothpicks? I assume this is slang for something but I have not the slightest. Please explain and/or attach a picture

Toothpiks are Fats anti-suck chain device that mounts under the chainstays adjacent to the bottom bracket. The design was found on later model frames. I believe it started around 1993? I don't have a camera handy, or I would snap you a photo (you know it would be worth a thousand words). They are metal "L" shaped plates that are adjusted extremely close to the teeth of your chainrings. Similar to the Ringle anti-suck chain device but the toothpiks were exclusive to Fats.

Last edited: