1989 Wicked Fat

TLM

Greetings,

Found this forum while surfing around for all things Fat City related.

This is my first Fat purchased way back in '89 back in Chico, CA. I rode this extensively around that area and then upgraded to a '93 Ti Fat.

Recently revived this bike for light trail riding, cross, and single track in the SF Bay Area.

It's an amazing handling bike and was quite surprised how fast and nimble it is. Guess Chris Chance got the geometry dialed in way ahead of the most of the others in the game...

Here's a couple of pics of the bike as it sits today. Enjoy,

-travis

Attachments

• img_3491.jpg
    img_3491.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 103
  • img_3484.jpg
    img_3484.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 40
  • img_3483.jpg
    img_3483.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 46
  • img_3470.jpg
    img_3470.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 39
  • img_3472_edited.jpg
    img_3472_edited.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 36
  • img_3482.jpg
    img_3482.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 30
  • img_3471.jpg
    img_3471.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 58

colker

Very solid Wicked! Its a small like my old one too!

Bullseys = Hot.
yours was a 16. this is an 18.. like mine.

yup, geometry is magic on those bikes. i end up pushing those slender tubes into more stress than casual riding.:)

beautifull bike. bullseye cranks and a mtn goat stem! sweeeet.

TLM

Thanks for the good words. The main reason I got the bike back on the road was for cyclocross, hence the Schwalbe CX pro tires. :)

The handling is perfect for the tight twisty sections, but carrying over the barriers is a bit of a chore with the 24lbs.

Didn't realize the cranks were a collector's item nowadays. Oh well, I got them years ago when I rounded out one of the old Specialized forged arms (super light back then). They are plenty stiff and remind me a lot of the cranks on my road bike (Campy Ultra Torque)

I may be selling this to fund a cross bike, so who knows...

cheers!

-travis

colker

don't sell it. it's a waste of time and energy.. wickeds don't command high prices. you will miss it in the future.
never sell a good bike.

TLM

Fortunately, I don't need to sell it, but you're right, it's a great bike, it's been with me for a whole lotta years and it's still a blast to ride!

My wife has also been on my case for even thinking of selling it! She's a big proponent of saving 'classic' stuff. I guess, this falls into this category.

Oh well, I can always find another spot in the garage to hang yet another bike up.

woo hoo!

-travis

Jeeves

That wicked is in great condition! I have one of a simiar vintage that I raced back in the day. It has no readable stickers anymore, except for the headbadge and the True Temper sticker.

Nice bike - thanks for the photos.

-RAJ

TLM

Look for a new posting in this forum tomorrow. I'll have pics of my Ti Fat. ;)

Woo Hoo!

-travis

colker

if you reaaally want to sell anything... then it's those bulleye cranks. it should fetch $200 on ebay at least.
if.. a big, sad IF.

Yo Eddy!

My wife has also been on my case for even thinking of selling it! She's a big proponent of saving 'classic' stuff. I guess, this falls into this category.

Also cherish the wife! You know most guys suffer from wives who are making them sell stuff? :(