How much is it worth

kokies

I have located one of the last eddy's built. It is brand new and built up identical to the attached picture. How much is it worth? And don't ask, I am not telling where it is.

Attachments

• FAT_SIDE.jpg
    FAT_SIDE.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 52

kokies

What rock did you crawl out from under? You could strip the parts off of the bike and get $1000 for them. So you are telling me a brand new Yo frame is not worth crap?

Worth

Hey man,
I would say a bike like that would be worth $2000-$2500. However the sale value would only be around $1500 depending on components. People just won't pay that kind of money for a YO when you can get a 10th anniversary Fat or a Fat ti for that kind of cash. I own a 2000 Yo that I paid $1100 for on ebay about a year ago. It came with some nice parts...but it was only a single speed. I easily put another $500-$600 to make it sweet! The 1 1/8" headset is worth paying a little more for in my opinion. It's not a Sommerville and all that ****, but who really cares when you can't find a decent fork! What is the color?

Cheers,
Fatty

kokies

it is black, the guy is asking $4000, brand new. He just sold a new Ti fat last year for $5000 built up with the same parts.

I almost asked you if it was black and was on ebay forever. He wants WAY TOO MUCH for that bike. I saw that bike on ebay and MTBR for like a year and it never sold. I know he probably spent that much on the thing tricking it out with XTR, but you can buy a Honda for that much! I would offer the dude like $2200 or something. I built my 2000 YO that is in mint condition for around $1700. XTR is good stuff, but he is really trying to get you to pay for the component group. I would see if he would sell as a frame and fork.

Cheers,
Fatty

scant

$4k is too much. as mentioned complete, a near mint condition "10th" <worship>! only made $1.9k complete bike a while back (titus ti 1 piece bar stem combo amongst other parts..)

Doug Carter

Staff member
kokies said:
it is black, the guy is asking $4000, brand new. He just sold a new Ti fat last year for $5000 built up with the same parts.

That guy has "claimed" a lot about those bikes. That black one was supposedly a 2001 frame, which is kind of difficult considering when they closed their doors. He was asking FAR too much for that bike.

In 1993, I built a VERY high end Yo Eddy, and the total sum of the cost for all of the parts was $3850. I just can't imagine a bike like that selling for what he is asking when plenty of very clean XTR Yos have sold for well under $1000 on eBay in the past 6 months.

Then again, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. All it takes is one guy with too much money to blow the market values right out of the water.

lucifer

kokies said:
What rock did you crawl out from under? You could strip the parts off of the bike and get $1000 for them. So you are telling me a brand new Yo frame is not worth crap?

No rock. Just saying what they go for around here. Old bikes are a fringe market whether we like it or not. I routinely see XTR equipped yos selling for $900 to $1100 and the ones that bring more money are typically the older ones with the cooler paint colors.

He probably could get a lot more if he parted it out. A NOS yo frame will sell in a heartbeat.

Heres an example for you. I just bought a NOS buck shaver on ebay in a gorgeous color (sapphire blue) for $395.

I prefer bucks because I like the less stiff ride but even if I was in the market for a yo I wouldn't pay more than $600-700 for one and then it better be team violet or aquafade or the like.

The fact of the matter is that the market recently has proven that $1500 bucks will get you a fat ti with high zoot kit. so I think a grand for a boring black yo with shimano is about right.

lucifer

Of course my pov may be a little skewed by living in GA which for some reason ended up being one of the biggest markets for fats. So they are fairly common down here.

I probably have $3-4k in my nukeproof but I am not naive enough to think that someone would pay that for it now.

scant

when I see a sky high price on any bike (esp ebay) I always assume its only a half hearted sale. IE the seller isnt serious about seller, unless someone offered the waay high amount.