1999(?) Bro Eddy

ranier

I was surfin' eBay one day at work and found this beauty and snatched it up.
FCBOeBay1.jpg

Frame only as I really didn't care for the Shimano/Manitou bits hanging on it. I wanted it to be "my" bike not someone else's from years ago. So the seller sent me the frame,
2011-07-29150142.jpg

Fork, wheels and parts would be a retro-mod with homage to the past. Sorta...

Stay tuned, more to come... gotta go ride her some! ;)

mainlyfats

I think that's the rarest of the production bikes, but it would be neat to know the actual production numbers.

I know this: anybody trying to build a complete collection will wait a long time for a Bro to come up...

ranier

It's a hoot!

I decided to go rigid instead of trying to look for a suitable suspension fork. I looked at many options and came to Igleheart. He worked at Fat Chance as a welder so I thought it was appropriate to choose a fork from him. I emailed him and he replied that he just happened to have a plain black fork laying around. He said just send me my shipping address and he'd send it COD. Like, who does that these days. Pretty cool of him to do that. Anywho, I got the fork with a self-addressed envelope to send my payment for the fork.
IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

ranier

The rest of the bike is built up with modern components. I really didn't feel like trolling eBay and other internet sites for period correct parts. I wanted a modern bike with an ol skool frame. Synchros stem and seatpost (homage to the past), Ritchey bar/bar ends, Race Face crankset, Sram Grip Shift drive train and Mavic UST/WTB sheelset. oh, and my favorite saddle, the SI Flite which is appropriate for this frame.

ranier

I think that's the rarest of the production bikes, but it would be neat to know the actual production numbers.

I know this: anybody trying to build a complete collection will wait a long time for a Bro to come up...

izzat so? hmm... cool to know I have something (sorta) special beyond it being a Fat Chance.

I never get rid of my bikes and this one will be in my hands til my dying breathe. I just love riding it!