a pic of my everyday ride

Marc996

not a fat but i thought another steel classic might be appriciated.

rocky.jpg

Marc996

the hammer rides really well ! the story behind this one is that a buddy had it as a spare bike beside his gt zaskar. he hated steel bikes so he sold to me for 50$. the bike had barely been ridden before i got it. i actually wanted to give it to my girlfriend but i liked it so much that i kept it for myself. everything except the pedals is how it came out of the factory back in 93....

Mountain Goat

My first real mountain bike was Rocky Mountain Blizzard (after my dabble with a Claud Butler). I rode this bike downhill in the Pyrenees. I sold it to a friend who still rides it (one day I'm gonna buy it back when i can convince him to sell it).

I went to Vancouver for my honeymoon and visited De Kerf and Rocky Mountain and those guys are really passionate about their bike, it shows in the ride quality.

Cool Bike..........steel is very definatly real.

jtheswitch

The Rocky Blizzard is/was a sweet bike. Back when I was a much more serious rider, it was second (steel) to my Yo!

Mountain Goat said:
My first real mountain bike was Rocky Mountain Blizzard (after my dabble with a Claud Butler). I rode this bike downhill in the Pyrenees. I sold it to a friend who still rides it (one day I'm gonna buy it back when i can convince him to sell it).

I went to Vancouver for my honeymoon and visited De Kerf and Rocky Mountain and those guys are really passionate about their bike, it shows in the ride quality.

Cool Bike..........steel is very definatly real.

Djuc Wun

Very Nice Marc,

Can you tell me the Frame number by any chance please? I have just got what I believe to be that years Blizzard, the fork I have is the same shape as yours, as is the stem, and mine is a uni stay rear too, but mine has a built in seatpost clamp, the first front mech cable guide is on the headtube and mine doesnt have a canti hanger on the back.... The fork is also a reddy orange colour.... any ideas?

Ta, Djuc