86 Cannondale SM700

N10S

Thought I would share some pics of my 24/26" SM700. The stem/bars(one piece combo)and forks are Grove innovations steel. The bike is pretty wild looking with its yellow-spatter paint job over the stock forest green paint. Other than the Grove parts, its pretty much stock spec with the exception of the saddle and pedals. Mostly suntour XC (Fd/Rd, hubs, shifters, brakes) including the higher-end roller cams. The rims are actually the original Sun/Cannondale and even the tires are the originals. No indexing, a reverse spring Fd, and only a 15spd, this bike is still fun to get out on for short rides. Massive bottom bracket height makes it easy to manuevre over obstacles.

P1020628.jpg

P1020626.jpg

P1020625.jpg

P1020624.jpg

P1020622.jpg

N10S

That is very nice, N10S! The 26/24 theme is very Cool, as are the Rollercams etc. Also like the Grove touch. Bill Grove's stuff belong to my favourites you know :cool: Remember seeing a similar 'dale (or maybe it is the same) on eBay not long ago.

Feel free to post it overher too => http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=6 People will like it.

I visited that site and the first thing I see is a pristine white SM800! Is that yours man? If so you understand the draw of those oddball old Cannondales. That 800 looks like new!

Yo Eddy!

Yeah, doesn't look really worn huh :D ...and yes, it is mine. Amazing experience everytime I take it out the shed for a closer look. Or taking pics. But not riding! :eek: