• All For Sale Adverts Must Have A Price !

eBay find - 91 Yo Eddy

Butcher

Interesting note...

I asked for the serial number and this is what I got back from the seller.

"The stamping is quite light but the best I can make out is 69YZS or 8 ( last number ). I hope that helps you."

Could this be an early "Z" code Yo?

IF52

Why do people insist on shooting the non-drive side for their ebay listings?

$10,000.00 to reproduce today? Only found in museums?

Dr S

Not too keen on some of the parts on that one- Deore shifters and Coda cranks on a Yo? Deserves better IMHO.

Si

jbrannsten

Staff member
Interesting note...

I asked for the serial number and this is what I got back from the seller.

"The stamping is quite light but the best I can make out is 69YZS or 8 ( last number ). I hope that helps you."

Could this be an early "Z" code Yo?

I have a '91 Yo, and the serial on this is as they used to be around that time...My guess is that this is a 1992 model, and that the Z is mistaken for a 2. Kind of hard to spot on the picks, but seems to me that this bike has a threaded BB which was introduced in '92 so it should support my theory.

Butcher

I have a '91 Yo, and the serial on this is as they used to be around that time...My guess is that this is a 1992 model, and that the Z is mistaken for a 2. Kind of hard to spot on the picks, but seems to me that this bike has a threaded BB which was introduced in '92 so it should support my theory.

You nailed it, I bet it is a 2 and not a Z. A small 1992 Yo.

Starting price is all the dough and there is a reserve on top of that. I don't think this bike will be selling for that starting price, much less get to a reserve above that.

RobTu

This guy knows his vintage stuff...did you see his 1st edition pet sematary ;)

We'll see this bike a few more times, till the reserve/openning bid lowers

yo-Nate-y

Staff member
A nice looking bike though I agree the build is a little weird.

But $4,000 new? That is nearly as hyperbolic as him claiming it would cost 10k to build a similar bike today. Oh dear.....

bonsaii

Yo Eddy on ebay 10th of May

Yesterday the repainted Team Violet Yo Eddy with fork was sold fot 704 buck + shipping. A more correct price. That was a genuine 1991.

Hep!

IF52

A nice looking bike though I agree the build is a little weird.

But $4,000 new? That is nearly as hyperbolic as him claiming it would cost 10k to build a similar bike today. Oh dear.....

Maybe he means Canadian dollars. No, that still wouldn't be right

;)