I bought the Wicked ST on ebay

I decided to buy the '94 Wicked ST (short Torso) that was on ebay. Paid $185 including shipping which seemed pretty fair to me (since it has a bottom bracket & seat post). Anyone know if this is an MA or NY bike? I am surprised that the Wicked still had downtube cable routing in 1994. Here is a photo:
BgpTCCwCGkKGrHqEOKicEryvFYmMBLGDQCn.jpg

AB

More than likely your wicked is a 1990 to 1992 model - not 1994. If you post the serial number that would help determine the year.

DC

Cool frame! Are there build plans yet? The short top tube would be conducive to a moustache or dirt drop style bar. I agree with AB that it is pre '93 when they went 'Lite' and to top tube routing.

I-ROBOT

Definitely a Mass bike. Definitely not a '94. Judging by the Shimano brake mounts its probably '87 to '90 vintage. A steal for the price.
Scott Bengtson

Cool frame! Are there build plans yet? The short top tube would be conducive to a moustache or dirt drop style bar. I agree with AB that it is pre '93 when they went 'Lite' and to top tube routing.

I most likely will build it up. I'll probably look for a similar vintage donor bike on Craigslist with a good XT group, etc. I have an old specialized (rebranded rock shox) suspension fork w/ 1" steerer that I'll probably use for now. Will post on the builder's corner as the bike progresses. As of now I haven't received it yet.

Definitely a Mass bike. Definitely not a '94. Judging by the Shimano brake mounts its probably '87 to '90 vintage. A steal for the price.
Scott Bengtson

Scott,

Was the "ST" wicked made back then? I am bummed because i was really looking for a 1994 with the many updates.

Last edited:

jbrannsten

Staff member
Doesn't this have a pressed bb? Then it should be pre '92. All '92 FCC bikes I have seen have threaded bb, mostly all '91 I have seen have pressed bb. I have a '91 Yo with pressed bb and a '91 Monster with threaded so my guess is that they did the change from pressed to threaded sometime during 1991. So if this ST have a pressed bb, it should at leat be a '91 or older.

Doesn't this have a pressed bb? Then it should be pre '92. All '92 FCC bikes I have seen have threaded bb, mostly all '91 I have seen have pressed bb. I have a '91 Yo with pressed bb and a '91 Monster with threaded so my guess is that they did the change from pressed to threaded sometime during 1991. So if this ST have a pressed bb, it should at leat be a '91 or older.
Good point. I cannot wait to confirm what year it is. It's probable older than I thought.

So I got the Wicked ST. Serial is 166590. I am guessing this makes it a '91 since the 1st number is "1"? I am surprised there is no "W" in the serial number. Could it be a repainted Fat Chance (non -wicked)? The paint is in near perfect condition. Here are some pics.

WickedST.jpg

WickedSTtopdowntubes.jpg

WickedSTbb.jpg

WickedSTserial.jpg

Last edited: