Wiked stepmother

ckevlar

I have a serotta wicked lite. What amount of suspension travel in the fork was this frames geometry design for? Thanks

billyb

You could go with a 80mm and that would work fine. I ran a Marzoochi on mine for a while. Then I went back to my painted to matck Yo fork. Good Luck! Marzoochi makes a 1'' steerer fork yet too!!

YoKris

Come on dude...you won't tell me you got such a classic mtb and have no idea about classic parts! Poor Wicked Lite! Actually a non-suspension fork would be the right one.

But ok...I would advise you a Rock Shox Judy SL & XC (starting 95) or a MAG21. Please not a non-classic fork - the soul of your Wicked would scream with pain.

//yo

ckevlar

Well, I know classic mountain bikes (even if this one is on the verge) but I dont know suspension. I just dont want to invest mucho cash in a 1" fork to have the bike ride like a raked chopper. I have the original fork. This will be my first frame that has suspension corrected geometry though. The last time I ran suspension was a manitou 2 on my ritchey p23. That lasted one ride. Before that I had one of those scott uni crown forks on a brave. That was short lived too. Not only were both bike non suspension gro. But they were also crap forks too.

IF52

Find a Manitou EFC with the ride height set to the lower setting, or like others have said, a Judy XC or SL, or a Mag21. Those should all be about right and in general all feel pretty good for early suspension.

ckevlar

I've actually got a manitou efc. It needs to be rebuilt. Anyone have a manual for it? Here is the bike and the build so far. I've got a nitto/ritchey seatpost on the way. I think it will go nicely with the look of the bike. I might know where a nos 26.4 wcs version is if anybody wants.
IMG_15861.jpg

ckevlar

Awesome thanks for the link. I was totally looking for a judy or a sid and forgot I have like 6 different crowns and the efc and the 2 and 3 bodys. I'm not a big fan of the ritchey stuff on this build but I have it and looks the part in the color scheme. I'm going to string it up as it is in the pics and see if I even like it before I put any changes into it. I've been looking for info on the serotta built stuff and see hardly any. Why no love?

bushpig

The link that Colker put on on MTBR shows that the hating goes both ways. The Serotta folks seem to think that the Fat crew were a bunch of hacks and I'd since the original Fat crew was cut when the business went to Serotta they don't dig Serotta either.

I didn't know that Serotta Fats included anything beside Yo's - learn sumthin new everyday. Still, my interest in mountain bikes doesn't extend much beyond 1991 so I'm curmudgeonly.

I don't think there is any big problem running a non-suspension corrected fork on a frame built for 63mm. It will run faster but you can tweak that with your stem and fork choice and in any case it will be minor.

ckevlar

Well this frame has its original for so I good for the rigid end. Most of my bikes ar rigid and I love em but I'd like to have at least one front shocker. For a while anyways. The price was right so I did it. Glad no one wanted a serotta lite.

ckevlar

Thanks for the serotta link thats some good reading.

Yeah I like the cranks. I was going for a whole Campagnlo build the while rebuilding the rear deraileur, I remember what crap their stuff was. Plus it very expensive a novelty build. But since I have the cranks,bb,brakes, and deraileurs. I'll try and use them.