How about this?....

Yo Eddy!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mainlyfats

Out to lunch...

Rear derailleur hanger being held on by a hose clamp? (Mass or NY built - who cares if you can't shift?) I don't know how many of you cruise e-bay for Fats, but there have been some spectacular bikes over the last year that have sold for less than $500 - derailleur hangers attached. $1000 a couple of weeks ago would have bought you a practically new, absolutely high-zoot yet period Yo.

This guy seems out to lunch, but what do you folks think about the "collectability" factor of Fat bikes? Personally, I'm not too interested - my bikes are bikes: tools, not investiments - and while I won't do anything to screw them up on purpose, I don't really care if they don't "still have the tagger on".

Keeping frame/used bike prices low helps people who really want to restore (I think that anybody who's tried knows it's NOS or period parts that kill you, not frames) have a - pardon the pun - chance.

Yo Eddy!

Yes, it is not a great offer considering its broken hanger and the price.

I also not consider my FAT as an investestment. If I did it would be a very bad business case. Mine came from Boston and to have it quick, I decided for 24h express and not to mess with description so I had to spent a lot on duties and VAT.... Nevertheless it is nice to know my FAT doesn't really deppreciate. Not that it is relevant, as I am not intending to sell it.

My Yo! is for riding. Not that I ride it really hammering it; for that I prefer to simply pick a better suited bike of the stable. This has nothing to do with the Yo frame - that is very sturdy. I would like to save the matching Judy a bit. Judy stanchions have the feature of wearing out very quickly. Also the repution of Kooka's and Zooka's is a bit questionable.

lucifer

Here's how I see it when it comes to values on used fats.

Anything that totally needs a repaint should be $100-150 or less for the frame. Maybe $250 if it has a matching fat fork.

A factory new frame or a perfect restoration is worth anywhere from $300 to $600 depending on the model and color.

Complete bikes are worth anywhere from $350-1000 depending on model and build. The notable exceptions being tenths and tis and things like that.

I feel the same way, but you get a nice looking Yo on Ebay and people will spend almost anything on them. I ended up buying one of the last Yo's built off of ebay and spent a little more than I wanted to on it. It was well worth it. However, after I bought mine I saw several sweet Somerville Yo's with matching forks go for much less than I paid for my bike as a pieced together SS. Then again, it was the first one to pop up on Ebay in 8 months or something. That might have been a factor.

Lucifer, let me know if you see any Yo's come through GA. I want another one for a daily ride. Ebay is my only source right now and you know how Ebayers are.

Cheers,
Fatty

scant

a big factor in FAT value will always be the paint. aqua fade for example would reach a higher price than say gloss black. I paid slightly more for my team lavender Yo, but I have only seen 1 other for sale in the 2yrs since.

there was a rusted through seattube 10th for sale on ebay (mint matching fork & king headset) made

lucifer

fattyboombatty said:
I feel the same way, but you get a nice looking Yo on Ebay and people will spend almost anything on them. I ended up buying one of the last Yo's built off of ebay and spent a little more than I wanted to on it. It was well worth it. However, after I bought mine I saw several sweet Somerville Yo's with matching forks go for much less than I paid for my bike as a pieced together SS. Then again, it was the first one to pop up on Ebay in 8 months or something. That might have been a factor.

Lucifer, let me know if you see any Yo's come through GA. I want another one for a daily ride. Ebay is my only source right now and you know how Ebayers are.

Cheers,
Fatty

It's a deal just pass me any monsters buck shavers or yo bettys you see...

John

Administrator
Staff member
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.